USB grabber wrong colours

• I've been trying to get this working right for a week now, can't seem to find what the issue is. Help is appreciated.

The issue is that the grabber displays the wrong colours, like below. A black screen shows as purple, a white screen shows a green. It's not an LED issue, those work correctly.
    - I've tried different grabbers but the results are the same. This one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827676511.html and this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000917130635.html.
    - I'm running HyperBian with Hyperion NG 2.0.0 alpha 7
    - It's running on a Raspberry Pi 3B without any issues, The Rpi is hardly doing anything as can be seen from the htop screenshot below. I tried Rpi0W and another Rpi3B as well, fresh HyperBian images, issue remains the same.
    - I have fiddled with settings but this has not solved this issue.

The only thing i have not changed yet is my HDMI splitter, would appreciate it if anyone shared here if they had similar issues and found them to be related to the HDMI splitter.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,
    1. alpha7 has some issues, could you test it with alpha6 please
    2.WHICH grabber do you have (console output from-> "lsusb" please)
    3. did you check the signal direct on a tv and not with the grabber, maybe the issue is somewhere else then the grabber

• Thank you for the quick response.
    1. Hmmm alright I will give that a try, not today, tomorrow :)
    2. lsusb does not give much information (Bus 001 Device 004: ID 534d:2109) see screenshots terminal and web config page.
    3. not sure what you mean? I have the USB grabber and TV both connected with an HDMI splitter (see photo). It could be the splitter but I switched both outputs and the result is the same. I have spares for all the parts you see in the photo and tested with both leading to the same result, using one SD card to make sure I'm testing hardware only.

Where can I find a log that I can send, maybe that's helpful too?

Screenshot terminal:

From the web config page:

Hardware setup

• The HDMI Cable which goes to the grabber, could you put it in tv to see if the incoming picture is good, to be sure that the problem is at the usb grabber

Yes, I just checked that, TV picture is normal.

It appears that the hardware startup is of importance for the grabber.

I've been experimenting with my full set of spare parts (Pi, grabber, splitter, cables and a short piece of LEdstrip) on alpha6 and have had different results. With the alpha6 setup and my laptop as HDMI source I got an okay picture grab but the signal to the LEDstrip wasn't good, flickering LED's. Adjusting baudrate didn't help. Later I switched to a dvd player as HDMI source with the same results, i.e. picture good but LEDs not. Then I switched back to the alpha7 setup and the DVD player as HDMI sorce directly. First had this:

No matter what I did software wise, I couldn't get it right. I tried rebooting the Pi but no improvement. Then I shutdown the Pi, unplugged it, unplugged the grabber (which is powered by the hdmi's 12V). Next I put the grabber in the Pi first, then plugged it into the HDMI splitter and then powered up the pi. Now I have this:

This is with size decimation 1, just for testing. With resolution at 720x480, 10 frames/sec and size decimation 4 I get almost no delay. And LEDs are working without any flickering. Also now routing all HDMI sources through my A/V receiver as was intended and all works fine.

My conclusion: No idea exactly what changed and why it works now. I've had the hardware unplugged several times but it seems that the order in which I connected stuff the last time gave the current result.

I plan on ordering a different grabber with an HDMI loop in it and see how that performs and if it is less 'sensitive' to the order it receives power. Will come back here to report on it.

Is there anything I can do (to help) to find the root cause of this strange behaviour?

• Hi, i have a USB3.0 HDMI Capture Card with passthrough (but i don't use passthrough because i use an HDMI splitter) and Rpi 0 with Hyperion and i had the exact same problem as you (wrong colors and pinkish colors instead of black).

I noticed that this problem happens when i use my LibreELEC Kodi box and that the interface resolution is 1080p 120FPS. If i turn down the refresh rate to 100FPS or 60FPS then the problem completely disappears. Even though the capture card and the splitter support HDMI 2.0 (so 1080p 120FPS should work fine), i think the problems comes from the USB2.0 speed limitation from the Rpi 0 or the capture cars itself that doesn't like 1080p 120FPS for some reason.

• What splitter and grabber are you using exactly?

Most can only do FPS!

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!