External Grabber for one special source not working

• Hello everybody,

thanks to this great project I got everything working really fine. I have several sources (another RPI with Kodi, PS4 and SAT receiver) working perfectly. In order to get the 5.1 sound of my AVR and the hyperion I ordered several set top boxes, which show the very same error procedure described in the following:

- whenever the android box is starting, the ambilight is blinking uncontrolled and very fast and irregular (withe)
    - I use the very same HDMI cables and different ports of my AVR
    - I tried it out with Amazon Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi TV Box and (currently) nVidia Shield

Any ideas what might be the reason for this?

Best,
    Howl1n

• This is a nightmare, I changed every single HDMI cable and the AVR, the problem is still there, but only when using nVidia Shield. The attached video (on my NAS, I hope this is fine with the forum rules) shows that is working for 3-4 seconds, then there seems to be a signal mistake. http://gofile.me/6n68l/v631q1muc

I tried:
    - AI upscaling on/off
    - every single resolution rate and fps rate that is possible by the shield
    - complete reset of nVidia Shield

I used:

Maybe this is because the grabber only supports HDCP 1,0 / 1,1 / 1,2 / 1,3? The shield has 2.2

EDIT:
    I guess it is the same problem like here, isnt it? https://hyperion-project.org/t…rion-mit-4k-grabber.3649/

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Howl1n ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

wird am hdcp liegen...leider ein dorn im auge...

• Das habe ich auch vermutet, allerdings hat der bestellte HDCP Filter () ebenfalls nicht funktioniert. Das könnte aber daran gelegen haben, dass mein HDMI-AV Konverter nur HDCP 1.3. unterstützt, der Filter aber 1.4.

Ich habe daraufhin testweise an der VU ZERO 4k die Farbunterabtastung verändert (ich glaube auf 4:2:0) daraufhin hat es dort schonmal wieder funktioniert. Komischerweise funktioniert es nun auch am Shield, ohne dass ich etwas verändert habe??? Ich werde daraus nicht schlau...

• Ich weiß nicht wie, aber bis jetzt funktioniert es sauber. Habe den AVR im Verdacht, dass er einfach eine Macke hat, ab und zu gibt es nämlich kurze Bildaussetzer. Wenn ich das habe, dann starte ich ihn neu und das Problem ist weg.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!