capture problem

• Hello,

I am new here so thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.

Hardware:
    Apple TV 4k
    LG 65"
    Raspberry PI 3 met Hyperbian 2.0.0 alpha 9
    WS2812B RGD 60 LED strip
    20A 5 v voeding
    Video capture with loop

When I start up the Raspberry the LED strip runs the start-up effect and if I choose an idle effect all works great.

However, Ambilight is not working. If I open up the LED Visualisation and select live video I do not see the video stream.

Any help much appreciated.

Dank,
    Robert

• Hi TIA,

I had a long chat on the Dutch forum about this issue (great support from Jeroen Warmerdam) and decided to order a new capture card. I am currently looking to order the Easyday and an HDMI to AV converter.

thanks,
    Robert

• Are you running the capture card from the 20A PSU?

Also your source Apple TV 4K is going into a 1080p capture card so your picture quality is getting down scaled from 4K to 1080p.

Im running 60/pm LED's on a 49" TV total of 204 LEDS and I have a 20A 5V what is your total LED count?

Have a look in LED Hardware and check what LED Layout Preview says for me Total LEDs: 204 Max. power consumption: 13.5 A

My setup is as follows

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
    Hyperion version: 2.0.0-alpha.9
    Regulated Switching Power Supply 5V 20A
    EZCOOTECH HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K so it will send 4K / Dolby Vision / Atmos to TV and 1080p to the Pi
    Xiancai HDMI to USB2.0 1080P capture card
    CHINLY 1m 60leds WS2812B

Picture below is my old PSU before I installed a more powerful one

• Hi Johhny,

I have a 20A 5V power supply which powers the LED's and the PI for the capture card I had a separate powersupply.

I have a total of 178 LED's (65" LG UHD TV) I did not put LED's on the bottom as the TV stands so no free space below.

The LED's work fine with Hyperion in de start-up cyle and when idle so the problem I have is purely with the capturing of the HDMI signal. You make a good point on the downscaling so I have returned the capture card to Amazon.

Can you send me the exact details of your capture card and splitter as I have problems finding them with Amazon.

Thankls,
    Robert

• Hi Robert, Sure these are the ones I have

Xiancai
    Audio Video Capture Cards HDMI to USB2.0 1080P 30FPS Record via DSLR Camcorder Action Cam for High Definition Acquisition, Live Broadcasting

EZCOOTECH
    HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDR Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos, HDMI Splitter Scaler 4K 1080P,Firmware Upgrade HDMI 2.0 Splitter 1 in2 out HDCP2.2,Scaler EDID Switch,USB Power,ESD,Mini Case SP12H2

• I just posted about this and then saw this post. I think it has to do with the input resolution. Mine changed to 720p for some reason and then I started getting the snowy screen and no led changed but white. Now I set to 1080p and I get the video coming up in Hyperion and my leds are changing colors. will have to play more with it to get it right...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!