+ws2812b+Ard nano

• Hi!

I need help - hopefully on the last tiny bit to get this running.

I have alpha 9 on my pc, put an adalight sketch to a nano rip off, connected in per USB and have a stable power supply.
    In the setup of the LED Hardware in the hyperion localhost webserver, the adalight won't turn on using the preset 'auto' output path.
    I identified the device on com5.
    All the raspi tutorials show than something like /dev/tty** is required.

under win10, I find a lot of different possible formats to define an output path.

What is the expected format?/Example?

thenks!

• I could be wrong on this but I'm 99% sure this is not possible out the box on windows, I was under the impression you'd want to install a Linux subsystem like Cygwin but i could be wrong, I ditched windows as 7 came out an never looked back but im sure it was Cygwin back then if you wanted to do Linux stuff on your windows machine.

Had a quick google and it looks like a bit of a headache TBH, Id opt for installing a nice distro on another computer than tackle that but that may not suit your desired end result.
    https://www.hanselman.com/blog…dows-terminal-and-minicom

Hopefully someone with a similar setup to you can help you out. :thumbup:

• thanks for the heads up. I'll check your link tomorrow with more time.

Your asumption is right. I want to use an i5 PC system with only windows 10, a generic az nano v3 and and the curretn led strip I have left from my ambiscreen system that I dhad to ditch because the requird 4k/2k splitter killed my HDR usability.

so far everything seems fine, only issue seems to be the adaligth connection via the pcs win10 usb that has all the arduino drivers installed and visibly connects to com5.

maybe a hyperion 2 alpha 9 developer can let us know what kind of input format for the output path the field will accept?

• If only the motherboard had the LED headers.....

Nah in all honesty I remember a die hard Unix Dev moving to a windows machine with no complaints as Cygwin installed and worked very well, Id imagine it would give you the path to the serial line the cleanest way.

Not clued up on putty either but could you not start the win machine and use putty to make a connection to the serial line then access the putty connection somehow in a path, might be worth a google on that too as it would be the quickest and probably best way for you without having to go all out.

• thanksfor the hint - starting to understand.
    no mainboard headers on that one, no.

So it's not about finding out what the win 10 comport address format ist an putting it to hyperion it's about teaching windows 10 to use the same access language/rules/path that would be used on a non win10 environment.
    I'll give it a try with cygwin and report back here.

It seems as every time I touch something that is usually used on a rpi environment my google searches seem to have the wrong wording coming from the windows view with no programming background...

thanks so far!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You should give „COM5“
    If that does not work have a look into the log and check for errors...

Adalight works natively on Win10 Hyperion.
    No need for Unix SubSystem.

• thank guys! that works perfectly. After all the unix tutorials, that was too easy to even think about/try. Strip Lighted up the millisecond I entered COM5. I'll make a summary/tutorial for the win64 users that might have the same issue.

thanks again on the team for providing this!
    great workign solution!

btw. just found some RGB headers on my H310 prime plus that I never used. Thise work with 5050 strips only, so the nano and the ws leds will do much better

• Offizieller Beitrag

@=SDW= We are on the way to make available devices selectable to avoid any non-valid inputs.

To give you an idea, see https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/1164

In Windows it will give you the COM Ports...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!