Rpi3 + Arduino + libreELEC >> vendor preset: disabled

• ok i had to play along at home due to lack of info and shear curiosity got the better of me, plus i had the parts and never got round to testing it before.

Same thing happened for me, would not work and LED device kept turning its self off, checked the logs and noticed it was trying to access the wrong usb device.

quick google and got a nice script someone came up with to list all devices like /dev/ttyUSB0 then it lit up straight away on default sketch with no delay.

That is my device list

sure u are talking about something else.. a code? for?

you defo got the right device going by the lsusb you ran earlier sorry @luckyjacks thats now beyond my scope of knowledge, Good Luck

Ok thanks, anyway!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

switched the Baudrate

You did not switch the baud rate. It is still 500000, which the log clearly shows:

2021-02-17T23:10:26.769Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderRs232.cpp:54:init()) baudRate_Hz : 500000
    2021-02-17T23:11:49.228Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderRs232.cpp:141:tryOpen()) _rs232Port.open(QIODevice::ReadWrite): ttyUSB0, Baud rate [500000]bps

Maybe you forgot saving the settings? ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

@TPmodding there was no baudrate on the GUI for USB/Adalight

Switch the Settings-Level to "Advanced" or "Expert" - >Wrench at top right of the screen

• You did not switch the baud rate. It is still 500000, which the log clearly shows:

2021-02-17T23:10:26.769Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderRs232.cpp:54:init()) baudRate_Hz : 500000
    2021-02-17T23:11:49.228Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderRs232.cpp:141:tryOpen()) _rs232Port.open(QIODevice::ReadWrite): ttyUSB0, Baud rate [500000]bps

Maybe you forgot saving the settings? ;)

Yea, you guys where right, looks like the Baud on dashboard not switched, realised also yesterday, but culd not handle it anymore :roflmao:, did it again now

...no lights still

• OK can't seem be able to duplicate the setting that I had when the lid up white, But remember it was my old sketch with hyperion.ng and I remember the moment they lid up, the status was vendor enabled, After it changed to disabled. After restart it mostly briefly again enabled... And then turned off again..
    No I don't think my LEDs are out of service, it's all new stuff with original build cable set.. Anyway how is the Arduino supposed to do anything, if it doesn't get signals from from the pi??
    + weirdly now when I plug my new Arduino, the led control on WEBUI always turns off, after about 30 seconds..??

• Your chasing the wrong fault @luckyjacks , vendor preset: enabled will not solve your problems.

@TPmodding has gave you the working sketch - this sketch includes a test pattern on start-up, so you either don't have the correct pin set or there is a fault on your LEDS somewhere, as every time the ardruino is plugged in the test pattern will show.

• you defo got the right device going by the lsusb you ran earlier sorry @luckyjacks thats now beyond my scope of knowledge, Good Luck

That's possibly be the problem the leds are not connected with pins, the chinese Arduino box is sealled, for THE LEDs to be connected via power plug, the LEDS, have 1 autled for actual power, and one plug that, connects to the Arduino.

• you are hard work @luckyjacks , you could have mentioned that long before now, https://github.com/hyperion-pr…adalight/adalight.ino#L35 Look at line 34

6 should be replaced with your pin

quite sure you'll find a pin number in the user manual or online somewhere, you should then be able to get up and running with the other already posted

Sorry for being annoying, and not presenting more detail in the Chinese ready made setup, I did mention though, I wasn't exactly shure how this particularly works. Only that the tutorial, I started with, who had the exact setup, was also consistent on making shure in number is set to 6... Which kind of would make sence, to still keep that pin in case, it works for plug-setup as well.. Still will try Google..
    Update: testing port 1,2,3, 4, 5, and goggle didn't suchseed, so far..

• got a link to it?

sure, ebay
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/DIY-Li…Backlight-EU/313298821912
    + Youtube Tut

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!