Leds flicker and sometimes no there is no image

• Hi everyone,

Is my first post here. I installed today Hyperion but I have some issues.

Issue One: every 10 sec a white flash happens.

Issue two: image disappears but sound continues.

What could this be?

The capture card is powered by the pi, the LEDs and the pi have separated power sources.

I didn't cut the strip yet, but i am only using 160 LEDs.

I Will leave here a video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5pSKQ7EGZdjqedgU9

Thanks on advance!

EDIT: I am using a 5V 10A power supply to power up the LEDs, and a regular phone charger for the Pi, the capture card as i said previously is powered by the pi.

It's a Ws2812b RGB ECO 5 meter 60 led/meter strip, but i am only using 160 LEDs in the Hyperion configuration (didn't cut it yet) and its connected to GPIO 18.
    I am using Hyerbian on a Raspberry Pi 3 b+

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Filipe () aus folgendem Grund: Clarifications

• i don't remember to see the option to set it as a camera, i am using this device:

that LOOP device for capturing is much used by much members,

to have it succesfully being detected with Hyperion.NG you have to set the USB grabbing settings in WEbUI NOT on USB but to camera.

If you don't do that then on USB device/0 the grabber" fades and redetects all the time.

• Issue One: every 10 sec a white flash happens.

Issue two: image disappears but sound continues.

1; can be a GND grounding problem, connect all your GND to PSU also from diffrent kind of PSU. Use more then one groundPIN on PI

2; already explained in above post

• so i see in your post that you are testing the complete strand of lights of 5 mtr/ 60leds mtr to se if they react.

you have only programmed 160 leds yes In hyperion?

First i would recommend; make your setup/cut the lights > solder them at 2 sides GND/+5volts and connect that together to PSU.

THEN TEST 8o

• I have my setup like this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I would also guess it's a grounding issue. You need to bring a wire from the ground on the PSU to a ground pin on the pi.

The biggest difference is that i dont use the same power source for the pi and the led strip.

I dont remember to see an option to set the capture device as camera, i hope i missed that ahaha will check it later today!

Thanks for your kind responses!

• the other settings thats now on automatic need a static one.

so

FPS > 15 or lower

resolution ( begin lowest possible and build-up)

video standard > PAL or NTSC

decimation > between 4 and 12

if that doesnt help your capturing device is not getting a image

• I'm having similar problems with a little bit different configuration.

I have sk6812 led strip connected to a nodemcu esp8266 with wled, with Hyperion Ng on a Raspi3b+, with the same loop capture card. The raspi has its own PSU, the LEDs and the nodemcu have their own PSU. The nodemcu has connected the D4 pin plus a ground shared with the LEDs stripe.

The LEDs are showing correctly the colors of the image, but from time to time, randomly in time and in amount of times, the LEDs flicker on random colours, even if image is paused.

I've changed the capture card configuration from automatic to the configuration shown in the attached picture, but still flickering.

One note, it was working fine at first, then I disconnected everything and next time it had the annoying flickering effect.

Any help/recommendation?

In this YouTube video you can see the flickering from second 10

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!