Need help with a prebuilt controller

• Hi,

I bought a LED controller like the one below. I've setup my brand new pi zero with hyperbian and got everything ready (hdmi switch -> hdmi splitter -> hdmi grabber -> pi zero -> chinese controller -> ws2812b ) but my problem is that the LEDs only light for half a second and then they stay off. They go red, green and blue once and that's it. The video grabber is working as I can see the live feed from the web configuration of hyperbian. From the very slim documentation that came with the chinese controller it would seem to indicate it runs adalight but that's my best guess.

I'd appreciate any help to troubleshoot this.

wVgu2bq.png

• Okay thanks for the answer , I'll try to build it with an arduino or a wemos, if you have a tutorial for me I'll happily follow it (I'm really new to the world of raspberry and arduino). Could I solder the led stripe directly to the Pi zero GPio ? Also I might have to change the power supply I'm using, the chinese gave me a 5V 5A for 220 LEDs and from what I gathered I'll need something with more amps.

• Could I solder the led stripe directly to the Pi zero GPio ?

yes you can do that, some ledstrips dont need a Logic level shifter others do directly connected to a Raspi.

if you provide a steady/clean and powerfull DC voltage+current to the ledstrip then most of the times you can directly connect to GPIO.

it also depends on what MCU u are going to use, if its running only on +3.3 volts ( when data to ledstrip needs at least 3.5) then you are certain most of times to use a level shifter anyways.

there's a schematics that you can follow can be found here on the forum.

schematics is made by TPmodding and myself.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TPmodding () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von Lighting-guy77 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• So with some further research I'm planning to solder it to GPIO18 and get a pre assembled PSU (because I'm a noob ahah) that's 5V 15A. And I'll control it with the ws281x controller type. Can this work ?

• i connect you to another topic and then you can see :)

yes it sure can.

there's all the answers already so i don't have to write them twice, and maybe you can give eachother pointers :thumbup::whistling:

• Okay thanks for the answer , I'll try to build it with an arduino or a wemos

somewhere ( not to long ago) there was a topic about this same chinese clone ledbox and we go on for 5 pages or something before we found out its not going to work with this clone.

if i find it back i share it to you.

found it, also a clone>> Rpi3 + Arduino + libreELEC >> vendor preset: disabled

not the same ledbox buts in here in the forum somewhere can't find it now.

• While I'm wiating for more stuff to come to finish this project (and I need to ask some friends for a soldering iron) here is a pic of the inside of the LED controller that doesn't work if it can bring some info as to why that doesn't work.

• i already explained the why and how to you.

A friend of mine has this and its purpose is WITHOUT hyperion to run alone on USB port of tv.

If you connect it to Hyperion.NG which works ith several codecs/controllers, it doesn't understand the chinese clone. ( hardware issue)

original Arduino or ESP8266 cost a few bucks, if you persisting and want still to take this route then by al means but i am out.

no hard feelings or that, but i am far to busy to reply all the time with something is not going to work nicely..

goodluck with the project. :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

thanks for the good picture,

it is an atmel mega 328p it should be flashable, if anyone could send me one i could test it to work with adalight

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!