Is my current hardware compatible?

• Hey guys. I have bought the Arduino package from aliexpress (this one in particular: https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…042311.0.0.3fcd4c4d794Wuf), which includes ws2812b leds and what I believe is a simplified Arduino box. I have attached it to my Nvidia shield and it's served me well so far. Now I am looking to expand the setup, as it doesn't work for DRM content such as Netflix,Prime video... So my question are:

- If I'm to install Hyperbian onto my raspberry pi (b+ model), can I just plug the Arduino box onto the Pi via USB in order for it to be recognised and work, or do I need to solder the data cable to the board (GPIO18)?

- My Raspberry Pi (first gen) doesn't have wifi. Do I need to upgrade to a wifi model in order for Hyperbian to work, or will it work with a compatible USB wifi dongle ()

- I see a lot of people using the Pi Zero, but is the original Raspberry Pi model powerful enough to handle the "ambilight" effects with minimal latency?

Thanks for the help!

• For me it didn’t work with Raspberry Pi (1) Model B.

I think you have to cut of the „Arduino Box“ and connect the WS2812B Stripe directly to the RPi or at an ESP8266 with Ambilight, which in my opinion is the better option.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!