Capture Card that works with HDCP 2.3?

• Hi there,

I watched this video and decided to give this a go:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I did a test run using some WS2812B I had remaining from another project. I just used Hyperion Screen Capture on my Windows 10 PC and everything looks awesome and works fine.

I will set this up for my main TV which only takes a PS4 Pro as input. I have ordered more LEDs and appropriate power supply and a pack of 100 ohm resistors.

Questions:

1) Is a 100 ohm resistor helpful to have in the data line between Pi and LEDs? In an Arduino project I just completed using WS2812B LEDs, it was pretty much a must to have a 200-300 ohm resistor on data line. Similar situation here? I saw someone mention in a thread few years ago about the benefits of having a resistor. No harm in having, right?

2) The capture card the video links and what seems very popular for this project does not output in compliance with HDCP 2.3 and only does 1.4. This prevents 4K Netflix on my PS4 Pro using the loop back output.

Is there any suitable capture card or alternative method I can perhaps do instead to meet my needs?

Thanks!

• YamiPrem did you find a solution? Im looking for either a capture card or splitter that will support 4k 60fps HDR pass thru but also not break the bank

Y&H HDMI Video Game Capture Card...

And

HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K 60Hz 4:4:4...

I used splitter to split the signal to TV and the capture device. The capture device forwards on to the Pi. But I do remember later seeing I could have done it with one device. Basically same as linked capture card but a 4k HDR HDCP 2.2 version. Worked out a bit cheaper than having the two devices.

• @gipasoft

I have not updated Hyperion since I've installed it on the Pi as I worried it will break something. And it's been working fine so didn't want to attract any more headache. Not sure which version I'm on, I can check when I'm home. I just ignore the update notification.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!