Nanoleaf Shapes (Hexagons / Triangles) supported yet?

• Hi to all,

is there already support for the nanoleaf shapes (Hexagons and triangles) in up to date alpha 10? I couldn't find anything definitive in the forums.

If not so, is there a way I can help to get this working (besides coding)?

Hyperbian on raspberry pi, alpha 10 fresh setup.

I successfully managed to add my two sets via LED - instances --> nanoleaf controller type, each in a separate instance. I had to set IP and token manually, as the device discovery says "no devices discovered", giving me no option to choose.

Hyperion finds the correct hardware LED count and also immediately with no lag successfully flashes the nanoleaf in white several times on "identify".

So connection in general seems to work.

When starting an effect or grabbing any source, nothing happens though. Live video shows effect / grabbed material correctly.

I also tried if setting a correct LED matrix would help - what it doesn't.

Hyperion and grabber work in general, as I can tell from my working cololight stripes used as TV - ambilight as main instance.

I appreciate your hard work on all of hyperion and also to hear any advice on this topic or if / when it might will be supported.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Germaenace

is there already support for the nanoleaf shapes (Hexagons and triangles) in up to date alpha 10? I couldn't find anything definitive in the forums.

From the general Nanoleaf protocol it should work according to Nanoleaf documentation (which is unfortunately not too elaborate), but seems there are additional considerations.
    For the discovery, I need to do some change, as the Shapes report themselves with an new identifier.

If not so, is there a way I can help to get this working (besides coding)?

Maybe as a start, could you switch hyperion for debug logging.
    Restart Hyperion
    If the LED Device is disabled in the Remote Control, please enable it
    Then run a simple color effect.

Please provide the log output to myself.
    In case the issue is not clear from the log, I might want asking you, if you could run a development version.
    I will provide instructions in that case.

Unfortunately, I only have a Nanoleaf Canvas at hand, but happy to sort out the Shapes with your support.

• I can confirm that alpha 10 broke a working Nanoleaf setup for me. Funny thing is that from what I can tell everything is working.

It seems as if there would be a brightness issue. I can see the live view as well as the color scenes displayed on the nanoleaf in the Hyperion GUI - actually even the Nanoleaf itself (in the Nanoleaf App) is showing the "dynamic" scene it always showed when working with alpha 9. It's just staying dark at the moment.

Logs as followed, Setup is a Raspberry PI 4, updated from alpha 9:

It tells "the effect moved out of scope" - but I don't know exactly what it is referring to.

• Lord-Grey many thanks for your feedback. Sorry about me asking: do we have to wait for alpha 11 for this to be fixed?
    And while I'm at it with stupid questions: isn't it rather a bugfix than enhancement?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Rossi82 Bug or Enhancement? Yes and no.

There was a bug that Nanoleaf did not work, but Shape support was an enhancement.

If you do not want to wait, you can download a build artifact from the given PR above which includes the updates.

This is what Germaenace did for testing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!