Feedback RPi4 HDMI output to itself

• Hello everyone! New here, and I have a question that might be real stupid.

I'm trying to build a Kodi+ambilight setup with RPi4, Hyperion.NG and a SK9822 led strip (controlled by RPi4 SPI pins). I have no external source, just Kodi, but apparently due to Hyperion.NG not supporting GBM/V4L2 yet the platform grabber software is not working (see https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/983).

I have 2 options now. The first one is buying a RPi3b+ of course, but would it be possible to instead use a splitter+USB grabber combo to split the HDMI output from the RPi4+, and feedback it to the RPi4+ itself via USB, so that Hyperion can grab it?

It's a bit weird but getting the splitter/grabber gives me the possibility to add other sources such as Nintendo switch or whatever.

Has anyone tried?

• Yes, it works with splitter+USB grabber combo to split the HDMI output from the RPi4+, and feedback it to the RPi4+ itself via USB, so that Hyperion can grab it?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hi pclin, thanks for your answer. I will grab myself a splitter and try it out while we wait for RPi4 compatibility.

Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!