problem with capture device

• Hi there,

first message on this forum :)

I'm trying to setup my Hyperion setup using the following hardware:

- Rpi 3

- HDMI splitter (https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Spl…le&qid=1632646784&sr=8-19)

- USB grabber ()

- Adapter ()

- LEDs WS2812b ()

- PSU from aliexpress

I think I did properly configure the USB grabber in the hyperion webUI, as I can select it from the dropdown menu:

When I try to see the live video, I just got a black screen. Therefore, Hyperion does not light up according to what it is been displayed on the TV. I have tried different sources (Vero4K and Xbox) without any success.

I'm able to light the LEDs up from the hyperion app and to display the preconfigured effects from the webUI, so I'm inclined to think the problem is the USB grabber/HDMI splitter.

The USB grabber is detected by the rpi3 (ID 534d:0021) but it doesn't show any info:

```

pi@HyperBian:~ $ lsusb

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 534d:0021

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

```

Are there anything I have to install in addition?

Should I buy another capture device, such as this one: ?

Feel free to ask for any missing details.

Thanks in advance.

• For USB grabbers, chipsets UTV007 and UTVF007 are supportet. Normally they are also displayed in lsusb.

1.) Maybe your device have an unsupportet chip inside?

2.) Why you don‘t use an digital HDMI2USB like this?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/…rd_i=B08H5HB1J4p13NParams

All chipsets with Macrosilicon (MS2109) should working fine.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

• Hi Mike72,

Yeah, maybe the chip inside the USB grabber is not supported, as you mentioned because I'm not getting anything when listing the attached USB devices to the rpi.

Regarding your second question, I'll might get one of those. I just bought that devices following a tutorial and it didn't work as expected. It's just the common case of "it works on my computer" :D

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

• Yes, I've read in various other threads that this uses different chipsets that are currently available on the market.

The chances are good, you just got one of these that didn't work. :S

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Yeah, maybe the chip inside the USB grabber is not supported, as you mentioned because I'm not getting anything when listing the attached USB devices to the rpi.

You can see the chipset therefore MAC adres, so maybe with a little luck its only a little problem.

you can try this in SSH/terminal of the Raspi,

apt-cache search firmware

find these 2

1. hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware - FX2 firmware for hdmi2usb board development
    2. fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices

and execute them

code to install if found

apt-get install hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware

apt-get install fxload

also: maybe your Capturing device needs some more power on USB port, so its powerfull enough to be detected but running is to big of task.

so i would suggest to alternate the config.txt file in boot section of SD card

wit following line,

max_usb_current=1

The USB grabber is detected by the rpi3 (ID 534d:0021) but it doesn't show any info:

```

pi@HyperBian:~ $ lsusb

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 534d:0021

i have exactly the same grabber, so it should work on Raspi 3B

in Hyperion 2.10 i found out you have to boot WITHOUT the USB grabber attached after you've done all steps mentioned.

Then when fully booted insert the grabber and select it and save, it should fire then automatically

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Hello , this is my first message there.

I run to problem. I have raspberry pi zero w, led strip ws2812b, rullz hdmi video grabber with loop, power supply dc5V 10A and hyperion 2.0.0 alpha 10. I followed this video,

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    . But when everything is connected my Hyperion doesnt recognize my usb grabber. I changed the usb video grabber with 4k 60hz and again nothing. When i start hyperion boot effects work correctly, only usb grabber is not recognized. Please help me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!