Run 8 foot of data and power wires without brightness and performance issues?

• I just put together a Hyperion 2.0.12 + Raspberry Pi 3b + generic USB capture device + WS2812B (5 volts, 177 LEDs) setup. Unfortunately I can't fit/hide all the devices and all power supplies behind the wall mounted TV, so I have unsightly wires going from the TV to the top of the hole in the floating media console. For me to be able to hide everything I would need to put all the devices and power supplies in the media console and run ~8 foot of data & 2x positive & negative wires (for power injection) in the wall to the LED strips on the back of the TV. With the max current usage being 8 amps (when all 177 LEDs are white, max brightness), how can I safely run ~8 feet of data and 2x power wires in the wall without the LEDs suffering from brightness and performance issues?

• use twisted pair cable like CAT6 FTP for the ledstrip data and thick(er) gauge of red and black wires for 5v and GND

CAT6 4x2x0.8

Red and black AWG 10 or lower

I have steered the leds in my window from the PI with FTP. More than 5 mtr, no problem

connect the shield of FTP at PSU side at GND/ V-

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Wow! Really?? I will need all 8 wires of CAT6 just to be able to push data signal 8 feet? And I can't use 14 guage for power for 8 feet, it has to be 10 guage? If so, 10 guage for each for both power injection points or 10 guage can feed both points?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!