Is it normal that a Hyperion fresh install on RPi doesn't start automatically

• Hello all,

I've had issues with my Hyperion not starting automatically on boot with my previous RPi4, but I haven't used Hyperion in a really long time now and after a fresh install, I thought it would be automatic but apparently it's not, unless I'm having trouble.

For example on my last time having issues with a previous version, pclin said:

Same with a tutorial for Raspberry Pi, you can see in the output log:

However after installing, I get:

And there is no hyperion service in /etc/systemd

Did something change and it's not autostarted automatically? Is that tutorial wrong or my system is being weird?

NOTE: I know Hyperbian might make things easier but I don't want to lost all my settings on my regular Raspbian installation.

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You installed Hyperion on a sytsem with user interface. You can start it via the menu.

This is also outlined in the Output you shared:

You can start Hyperion from your menu now

The service is normally there for headless systems.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What you can do to have it running via service on a systemd based system

1. Copy Hyperion's service file

sudo cp /usr/share/hyperion/service/hyperion.systemd /etc/systemd/system/hyperion@.service

2. Establish the service for the current user (if it should be a different user, use the -u option)

sudo /usr/share/hyperion/scripts/updateHyperionUser.sh

3. Check that the service is running for your current user (or replace ${USER} with the username given with the -u option before)
    systemctl status hyperion@${USER}

• Zitat

The service is normally there for headless systems.

Aaah headless gotcha! Always wondered why everywhere people seem to say it was automatic.. makes sense now thanks a lot! I'll create the service myself then :) (And yes, I had seen the message to start it via the menu)

• This should be in the User Documentation.
    Had to search around quite a bit before I found this lifesaver.
    Thanks Lord-Grey !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!