PC Windows 11 > Screencapture for Raspberry with hyperion ng

• Hello,

I am in the process of building an Ambilight for the PC monitor. The last time I did this was 5 years ago with the old Hyperion. At that time I used it the HyperionScreenCap (https://sabaatworld.github.io/HyperionScreenCap/).

Does it still work the same way with Hyperion ng or do I need to do it differently? I saw that there is Hyperion ng for Windows and I can also use it to grab the image.

Thanks in advance

• Kollektiv02

Hat den Titel des Themas von „PC Windows 11 > screencapture for Raspberry with hyperion ng“ zu „PC Windows 11 > Screencapture for Raspberry with hyperion ng“ geändert.
  • Just download hyperion from here --> https://docs.hyperion-project.…tallation.html#windows-10

then do your setup. personnaly i made with esp8266 which was very esay.

1. connect psu to esp
    2. connect esp to led strip
    3. verify led working on wled
    4. go on pc, launch hyperion then go to Capturing Hardware, activate it (by checking the box)
    5. go on led instance, choose wled or the correct one, and this is done
  • @kollectiv02

For Windows11 it's better still to use the sabbaat screen cap from Github.

I've read several problems when people (upgraded to) and used Windows11 and internal frame grabber of Hyperion.NG

• Thanks for the answers, but unfortunately they don't help me or I just don't understand.

I have apa 102 LEDs and a Raspberry Pi with HyperBian and WLAN-dongle. I can control these LEDs via the WEB interface.

Raspi:

led control:

leds selected as apa 102

led layout:

frame with numbers of leds

How do I get the picture from Windows11 to the RasPi so that the LEDs light up accordingly?

• Hyperion Screen Capture (Windows Grabber)
    Screen capture program for Hyperion ambilight. Updated to support DirectX 11, multiple displays and multiple Hyperion servers.
    sabaatworld.github.io

You can then send the image from the grabber to the Rpi (Hyperion) via flatbuffer.

If you install Hyperion on the PC, you no longer need the RPI, then you can operate the LEDs on an ESP (from €5) with WLED software.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• How do I get the picture from Windows11 to the RasPi so that the LEDs light up accordingly?

you can use the hint of pclin and buy extra minicontroller ESP, and therefore not using the Raspi anymore.

or you can also do it ( like i did to test before)

install this on Windows11 >> https://sabaatworld.github.io/HyperionScreenCap/

then set the ports in settings the same, standard i used the 19445 ( PROTOBUFFER)

looks like this >>

• Okay thanks :)

I have this questions:

1. You mean for example this ESP or?

NodeMCU V3 ESP8266 CH9102X | WiFI WLan IoT Arduino Lolin Lua Micro-USB | eBay
    Entdecken Sie NodeMCU V3 ESP8266 CH9102X | WiFI WLan IoT Arduino Lolin Lua Micro-USB in der großen Auswahl bei eBay. Kostenlose Lieferung für viele Artikel!
    www.ebay.de

2. What for a software i need for the ESP?

I found this manuel, but I'm not sure if this will fit.

WLED - Installation und Einrichtung - Electric Junkie
    In diesem Beitrag zeigen wir dir, wie du WLED auf einem Microcontroller der ESP-Familie installierst und einrichtest.
    electric-junkie.de

or

Welcome to WLED - WLED Project

3. How do I install the software?

Arduino IDE? Or the sofware from point 2?

Thanks

• ESP8266 is OK, an ESP32 would be better.
    https://hyperion-project.org/forum/index.php?thread/12727-esp8266-vs-esp32/&postID=45675#post45675

Here you will find almost all the information you need. Many instructions on the web are outdated.

Welcome to WLED - WLED Project

Install WLED Binary

Compatible-Hardware

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• As for your question about Hyperion ng, I'm not entirely sure about the specific details, but I can share my experience with you. I used HyperionScreenCap a while back too, but when I upgraded to Hyperion ng recently, I noticed a few changes in the setup process. However, it could also be due to the fact that I used newer keys.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!