SK6812 RGBW (White led settings?)

• Hello. First , thanks for amazing soft. I love it and really like to use it

I use hyperion 2.0.14 , sk6812spi

Tell me please, is there a deeper setting for WHITE LED ? I have a feeling that with finer tuning, better colors can be achieved.

the only thing i found is -- White LED algorithm , but none of this is entirely satisfying. White color doesn't glow as white as it can

Thanks for any reply

• What type SK6812 are you using WW,NW or CW?

I run SK6812 RGBW-NW hyperion and ESP32 with WLED there is deeper setting for WHITE LED, and much more.

White handling - WLED Project

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• The most important question is which varient of the (W) did you get? I have NW for natural white and I feel my white is spot on, it also helped a ton to have NW when calibrating the other colors especially yellow and aqua.

If you have WW (warm white) itll be more yellowy/orange and CW (cool white) itll be more blueish.

• I'll beg to differ this...

the most important is the PSU and the way how he injected the power in the strip.

How much leds, what voltage ⚡️ and what is the power drop after 150 leds or so...

If voltage thus current isn't correct you never get a satisfactory colour scheme out of your ledstrip.

Settings in hyperion alone isn't going to cut it then.

note, vitman

A tip of mine is to lower down the brightness of the leds to 30%

If the leds going to shine ✨️ bright whites but at lower luminance you'll know that you have to upgrade the (total)power to the leds.

Just a tip. :)

Goodluck!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Underpowering would definitely be an issue for any led and any color. With 4 channel pixels and the option of white colors, regardless of your psu the wrong white selection will always seem off specifically when an opposing color temp is displayed.

This can be slightly negated by tuning white and adding small ammounts of rgb until you get the desired color but keep in mind this can lead to fairly large power draw increases.

• Pclin - could you explain how to use your link ? no such experience

SK6812 RGB NW 60LED 1m , psu 30a , ISO7240M

Power 4 point on led strip , rasp power supply directly to the power supply

The strip has 256 leds. If I try to run 256 then the strip not work!. Can only run 255 and lower count.

*** i upload my TV setup + all my settings - let me know if you can't see the pictures

cT8YDcDLpM4.jpg

1d.jpg

2d.jpg

3d.jpg

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von vitman () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by vitman into this post.

• vitman

You have to increase the SPI buffer in CMD bootline then you can address more leds than only 255 :)

But be carefull because the Raspi won't boot anymore if the syntax is not put correctly

nothing seems out of the ordinary to me.

The only thing I wonder is why you altered the colours in colourscheme to different than default.

I never did that and only had to change the Gamma settings with ledstrips as WS2801, APA102 and HD107S

fonzi03

In my experience the only colour" that will draw most power thus current from the PSU is shiny 100% brigtness white

Every other colour will draw less current, maybe for separate channel white ledstrips like the NW /CW or WW types that's different.. 🤔

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• @Lightning-guy77

thanks for help. Now all 256 led work fine :) if anyone has this problem (To change the default add spidev.bufsiz=65536 to /boot/cmdline.txt and reboot)

with white you can't suggest anything else?

and there is another problem. If you change the minor settings in hyperion app all OK , but if i change hardware settings ( SPI device , controller type and etc , the whole system freezes. And help only completely reinstall the software on the sd card ;///

• yes I have,

Look up the specs of your SK6812NW strip, mine is running under exactly 5.3 volts ⚡️ (HD107S) to achieve most accurate colours possible. Also better for the Raspi to run at 5.3 volts..

Solder your contact points to reduce resistance

And look at section ledcontroller and choose the correct algorithm for your whites.

Go to youtube video and check ✔️ your colours in live feed and your ledstrip simultaneously, seek for ambilight/govee videos

Set colourscheme in hyperion to default and Gamma on 2.4 red/green/blue

Run the ledstrip at 30% brightness to see if the whites improves with less luminance.. 🤔

That's it for now.

• tell me please. Is there a way to add dark colors with good brightness (80-100%) and without losing precision of color.

look at section capture hardware, if signal detection is on there you can alter treshold values for dark Red Green Blue detection.

(Translation is wrong there... so dont mind that. )

thats something you can do about "dark" colours

colorcalibration look at compensation brightness also.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!