Can I swap my Raspberry Pi for an ESP 8266 board?

• I'm about to be building a home server and would like to run Hyperion on my server rather than my Pi. I've been trying to see if there are any alternatives and I've seen some threads about people using the ESP 8266 board as their controller running WLED. It seems like most people that have this setup use an Android screen grabber app. I was wondering, could I plug my capture card into the ESP 8266 via microUSB and have it capture the video like I'm currently doing with the Pi? Would I be able to wire it like the image below?

My current setup is:

&thumbnail=1

• Hilfreichste Antwort

You need Hyperion on a device (RPI, PC, Dreambox, LG TV etc. ESP with WLED controls the LED's the data for it comes from Hyperion. ESP32 with Ethernet is the best choice.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• You need Hyperion on a device (RPI, PC, Dreambox, LG TV etc. ESP with WLED controls the LED's the data for it comes from Hyperion. ESP32 with Ethernet is the best choice.

regards pclin

Could I set up Hyperion in a docker container / VM on my home server and connect the ESP board to my lights/power supply/capture card and have the ESP communicate with Hyperion on my server through WiFi or Ethernet?

Would I be able to plug the USB from my capture device into the microUSB of the ESP so it can capture the screen to output the correct colors? I currently have my Raspberry Pi set up like this, but I am not sure if the ESP boards work the same way.

• Yes

No

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• home server > Hyperion and USB Capture

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!