hardware failure - rebuild required

• Hey all,

I have an interesting occurance, I do not use the ambient lights on the tv that often because most of the streaming services are on the tv so I don't need to use the xbox / ps 4 to stream stuff so it mostly stays off unless someone is gaming or I want to show off! The kids being the more common gamer, may not have been using the shutdown button for the pi because when I went to go use it to impress some other kids, it didn't work. Like not even a little bit, the pi wouldn't fully boot, it being headless and mounted to the back of the tv complicates things slightly, as I was unable to ssh into it and the webUI wouldn't load because it wasn't on the network...

So, I start from scratch, with a known good configuration, I am saying this because at this point, a year plus since building, I do not remember exactly which video capture usb device I have, but it worked in the previous version of HyperBian so :shrug: . Anyways, ended up having to plug in a keyboard and into the tv to see what was going on, the boot sequence was eating the information in my wpa_supplicant file so it wasn't showing up on the network. Finally got that issue solved, then had to get my start-up and shutdown button and LED to show the status of the pi.

But, try as I might I am unable to get the perimeter lights to light! I am using WS2812 LEDs with the PWM pin being GPIO18, using 179 LEDs, less than the maximum of 256. Hyperion recognizes all of the required hardware even will display the live video from the video capture device so I know that that works, but even the LEDs in the simulation do not light up so I am at a loss. Any assistance would be much appreciated, Thanks

• Debug Log Settings level Expert?

With ws281x, Hyperion must run with root privileges.

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• THANK YOU!!! I totally forgot to attach my log files, which expressly told me that I needed root permission, that probably would have been easier to say... Anyways thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!