LED output not working rp3b+ and ws2812s

• Hey guys i just installed a new install on a rpi 3 for a friend on a setup i finished for them a couple of years ago.
    when i got the tv and everything, he said his son had ripped cables off the back of the tv so i reinstalled them and only had basic functions from the hyperion app. when i tried to login to the dashboard over wifi, only a blank kodi setup showed. messed with tryingto restart hyperions service but didnt have much luck, but the leds were working, so i know the hardware and pi are good.
    i figured id start a new install, formatted the card and long story short, have capture card working and dashboard working but cant seem to get the LEDs to work anymore.
    Log file says ws281x is enabled and i have double checked root privs are enabled.
    gpio pin used is 18 and DMA pin is pin 10.
    i have a working pi4 setup on my own tv and that isnt helping much either. Any help/direction would be appreciated.
    Thank you

• sharpen047

Hat den Titel des Themas von „LED output not working rp3b+ and ws2815s“ zu „LED output not working rp3b+ and ws2812s“ geändert.
  • Please post the debug log at EXPERT level.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• There are no errors in the log, Hyperion is running normally.

Do you have live video and are colors or effects going in Hyperion?

If not, there is a problem with the hardware or cabling.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• nothing output wise works but i do have the output showing it works.
    in other words i have the capture card working and i can see it working in live view.
    it was working before how its wired now but maybe it was using a different gpio pin?
    these leds have 4 pads on them. 5v, ground and two data lines.
    i can find wiring for 3 pad strips but not 4.
    is there another data line i can use besides 18 if its bad?
    itd be silly of me to have wired it wrong but it would be a relatively easy fix haha.
    ill start by replacing all the wires
    UPDATE
    i replaced all the wires with gpio set to 18. led strip goes full white but nothing else happens. replaced the power and ground wire and the single data wire to pin 12 (gpio18).
    if i hold the data wire and secondary wire it seems like it flickers and changes color etc but not consistently at all. defintely going to look into finding a schematic so i know what to wire everything to.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von sharpen047 ()

• I'm using 2.0.15 with an RPi4. You might be seeing the problem I ran across the other day. I'm finding the led source config has some problems in 2.0.15. Someone has ran into the same issue as you, where the leds go all white when they hook to ws218x PWM and they fixed it by turning off smoothing. I turned off smoothing and then the colors on the stripped worked properly, but it looked like crap because there is no smoothing. I think there are 2 places where smoothing can be enabled, I think I turned off the Smoothing component.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!