Adding CEC Support to cheap HDMI splitter

• It was time to finally upgrade my RPi with the latest libreelec. I hesitated all this time because of loosing the ability to use hyperion with the internal grabber.

Now i had to buy a HDMI splitter (a usb HDMI grabber i already had lying around). Which makes for now a very cluttered setup because of all these cables :rolleyes:

I bought the cheapest splitter i could find on amazon only to find out, that it doesn´t support CEC. :(

So what does a hacker do when something doesn´t work the way it should? Opening the device of course!

The chip is a macrosilicon ms9332 which indeed does not support CEC but the pins necessary for CEC (13,17) a not connected at the board.

So the solution was to connect these pins from the HDMI input to output 1.

EDIT: Ups...wrong category...this should better be in Tutorials. Sorry

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von chromo23 ()

• PIN 13 CEC

PIN 17 DDC/CEC - Ground

So far most users connect PIN 13 IN to PIN 13 Out and have had success.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• So far most users connect PIN 13 IN to PIN 13 Out and have had success.

Jep, but not in this case. In other layouts Pin 17 is connected to ground but on this board all unused connections are not connected to anything.

• I found a grabber that can be easily fixed. Pin 17 has already continuity and pin 13 has the trace on the PCB, but they intentionally left a gap on the trace to disable CEC. I don’t know why they would do that but the gap is very easy to bridge.

I show all the details with photos on a different post: Four types of hdmi grabber tests (hdmi-cec, rainbow signal)

P.S. For some reason, I could not post that message from my iPad?! Tried three times! I had to use the computer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!