Current 4K + 120Hz + eARC + CEC setup

• I'm looking for some help adding Hyperion to my entertainment setup. I have a 4K 120Hz TV paired with a soundbar connected through eARC. With that I have a PC, Nintendo Switch, and will possibly add a Chromecast. I use CEC for some devices, but when it's not available I've been able to bridge the gap using Home Assistant. I've been interested in adding ambient lighting to this setup for awhile but each time I consider buying hardware I have a difficult time finding something that would maintain the current features I enjoy. I don't really even understand how my eARC soundbar effects this, but looking through the forums it is something mentioned by others. Does anyone have recommendations or ideas on where to go with this?

• eARC has nothing to do with Ambilight, only delivers sound to the soundbar.

You then need a switch or matrix that can transmit at least 4K 120 Hz to the TV.

And can scale the output to the grabber to 1920x1080 60Hz. Grabbers that can process 4K 120Hz are rare and expensive.

For hardware Switch, Splitter see

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Thank you for the resources and clearing up my confusion about eARC! Will a grabber that scales to 1920x1080 60Hz result in any picture quality loss?

It also looks like there is only one splitter (HDFury – Diva -Matrix Switch 4x3) that supports HDR. If a splitter does not support HDR, then will my video content not be HDR?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Homunculus () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Homunculus into this post.

• There is usually no problem with HDR arriving on the TV when using a splitter or matrix. Very few grabbers can process HDR 'correctly', which then leads to washed-out colors that have to be compensated. 1920 x 1080 60 Hz is still too much for Ambilight. Usually the smallest resolution that a grabber delivers is used, 640 x 480 with 30 Hz. This is then divided again. Basically, the signal is calculated down to your LED resolution.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• I think I may be confused about how this hardware effects my TV image. When colors are washed-out, does that refer to the colors of the LEDS behind the TV, or the colors the TV produces. Does any of this additional hardware change the image quality and refresh rate of my TV? I've been looking for devices that match the specifications of my TV because that was my main concern. If lesser hardware results in a less snappy, less colorful ambient lighting I can live with that.

• For example:

FeinTech VSW14100 HDMI 2.1 Switch 4x1

EZCOO Splitter EZ-SP12H21

Then you need a grabber:

Example:

cheap macrosilicon with MS 2109 or MS 2130 (HDR must be compensated).

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• I've been down the rabbit hole and I'm starting to get an idea of how this comes together (I think).

I'm considering picking up something like this 4K 120Hz HDMI 2.1 Splitter from EZCOO. The splitter device is responsible for the image I see on the TV, therefore this is what needs to be compatible with 4K resolution, 120Hz refresh rates, CEC, viewing DRM content, Dolby vision, etc.

The grabber (or capture card) does not require any of this. If it is only 1080p 30hz it will not change the image I see on the TV. It simply grabs the image on the TV to mirror colors in the program which tells the lights what color to be. I'm considering this grabber.

Am I on the right track with this? Thank you for the support.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!