Stuck at the very beginning

• Hi all, I'm at the very beginning of my hyperion journey and am at a loss. I have a pi4 that I installed retropie on and then installed hyperion in that image. I powered the pi with the offical rpi adapter for configuration and everything seems to be working so far. I can load up retropie, I can get to the hyperion gui, I even added in a capture card and an hdmi switch and got everything configured and without hooking up the leds, everything else seems to be great.

The issue comes in when I switched out the power supply as I will need more power to power my ws2812b's with 300 leds. I got everything wired up, and the pi wouldn't even power on. I figured I'd eliminate some pieces to see where the issue lies and I got it down to the most basic setup, and while it boots I get the lightning bolt symbol that means it's not getting enough juice. All I have plugged in at this point is the power supply, plugged into a barrel connector which I wired up to a sacrificial usb cable. Then the only other thing I have on the pi is the hdmi cable out to the tv. And it still shows the lightning bolt.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing my issue? The PSU should have plenty of power at 5v 15A.

• Hilfreichste Antwort

Since nobody followed up, if anyone runs into an issue like this in the future, chop the barrel off the psu and wire it directly to the pi's usb cable and the led strip. I was getting a solid 5v this way, when with the connector I was only getting 4.8 or so and the pi was giving me errors.

• broyuken

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!