HyperBian + WS2815 - Only primary colors show

• Searched and could not find a similar issue, so creating new thread.

I have a fully working config on RPi3 + WS2815 LEDs.

Specs:

LED - WS2815 ()

PWM - GPIO18 (DI on the strip, have tried both DO and BO)
    12v power source

Everything is configured and working correctly, however I cannot set the colors to be gradients or even white. I only see the primary colors (Red, Blue, Green). Im able to reduce brightness, but cannot set the color to white, yellow, orange etc.

This is a new LED strip as I was previously using WS2801 for many years with no issues, but wanted to upgrade to HyperBian (was using old Hyperion with the .jar to configure it).

Im about out of ideas, help!

• The usual questions:

Do colors work when you set colors or effects?

How is everything connected?

Do you have a LevelShifter installed, WS2815 needs 5V on Data In, like all WS28XX chips.

Is there anything in the Hyperion Debug log? You can also attach it as a .txt file here.

DO and BO are outputs, DI and BI are inputs. DI = Data IN, BI Backup Data IN, both should be supplied with Data Out from the RPI, if an LED is defective and data is not forwarded, this then goes via the backup line.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Appreciate the response pclin.

Yes, setting colors works from web view and mobile app.

No LevelShifter installed, couldn't find where buy one. Debug log had no issues once I fixed the root permissions.

Ended up just buying SK6812 and switched to SPI and everything working as it previously was. Guess i'll hang onto the WS2815 strips and save for another project if i can find an appropriate LevelShifter.

• For LevelShifter look here

Compatible Hardware - WLED Project

SN74AHCT125 in screenshot

5 pieces on Amazon 10,- €, also makes sense for SK6812. ;)

regards pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!