Samsung TV Hue Sync App

• Im running Hyperion for so long now and I can't imagine a new TV without this feature anymore.

Unfortunately my TV broke last week - therefore im currently deciding the brand and model of my new TV.

My biggest wish would be to throw the HDMI splitter, grabber and the FireTV stick away and be able to use the internal Smart TV OS of the new TV.

I did some research and so far I found out that LG has a piccap app and android TVs have the Hyperion app which are able to mirror the screen to the hyperion.ng.

Unfortunately this setup is lacking DRM support (Netflix and co) - which is not an option for me...

Now I could just buy a Phillips TV (I know) but I dont really like the three sided ambilight they install on their TVs and since they dropped the ambilight + hue feature in the 2023 models, I can't upgrade to a four sided ambilight..

My last hope are basically Samsung TVs. As far as im concerned are the Q60 series and higher now compatible with the so called hue sync app.

Therefore you can add any hue lamp to the "entertainment area" around your TV - exactly what Im looking for.

Only problem is the price - the gradient stripes are absolutely overpriced (Not talking about the App itself which would be 130€ alone).

My Question now is: Is there any chance that the Samsung Hue Sync App is already or will be compatible with Hyperion in the future?

There is such a thing called diy hue already, which is able to emulate a hue bridge and apparently one can sync the Samsung TV to this bridge and therefore to either Hue lights and even custom esp controlled light stripes. This would be my alternative currently. One disadvantage compared to hyperion though: Only up to 10 lights are supported - that means there are only three zones for the top and the bottom of the TV and two for the left and right side respectively - which is rather few compared to the Hyperion ambilight Im used to... On top of that I can't really find any information regarding the diy hue project in combination with Samsung TVs in general, so Im not even sure if it works as expected.

Any thoughts on my project are really appreciated and sorry for the rather long text :D

Thanks in advance!

• LG with PicCap and Hyperion you only need the FireTV for DRM protected content. FireTV is also usually preferable to the onboard apps.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• So do I understand your answer correctly, I can plug in an HDMI source (preferably an appleTV) and piccap can deliver the stream to hyperion nevertheless of the DRM protected content? I mean its not optimal but definitively the cheaper option probably

• Yes, DRM is processed on the playing device, the device then sends a normal HDMI signal to the TV and PicCap can then capture it.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• I can only tell you from personal experience from LG.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!