the output resolution is not supported.

• I ve been going at it for the entire week now and i can't get it to function.

My setup:

All my imagery comes from an NVIDIA shield Pro 2019

I have an older Samsung TV (2014) that supports HD 1080p but not 4K

I picked up a generic 4K capture card with passtrough.

I run Hyperbian on a Pi 4.

whenever is connect the capture card between the tv and the Shield my tv outputs a message that the incomming signal is not supported.

If i look at the live immage on my hyperion install i can only see snow.

what i have tried so far.

-replaced all cables with new 2.0 ones. (short ones as well to reduce the risk of having too long a run, both cables are now 30cm and of the same type.

-I have turned off CEC

-I have turned on CEC

-I attempted to install Hyperion Android Grabber but this was not compatible with my device according to the play store, however i sideloaded their latest apk but still can't get an immage output to my hyperion install. (couldn't find a clear explatnation on how tbh)

-I booted the shield in safe mode and Huray, i got an immage on my screen, (when turning on the tv told me it was runing at 640 by 4something ). However this was only the text menu where you select how you want to boot. But at least i know my cables and everything in between work.

-as soon as i boot further the streams stops again and my tv starts complaining about resolution again. (if i connect the tv directly it immediately goes to 1080p and works fine)

I suspect the shield somehow detects that the capture card can go upto 4k and changes something, but i can't figure out how to stop it from doing that.

Also, the Kids are complaining that Dad is claiming the tv too much and they want to watch cartoons.

I could use some help.

Thanks in advance.

• Google tells me that you can set 1080p on the Shield.

Settings > Device settings > Display and sound > Advanced display settings > Custom display mode

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I ve checked that setting but the only two options in there are the same resolution with 60Hz and 50 Hz. Looks a lot like it detects my screen and only shows the available options as ik now the Shield should be able to do 4K as well and it is not there. So not sure if this actualy locks the output to what you put in there.

In any was it did not fix my issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!