Black bar Detector - strange problem losing just top and bottom lights with Remote Desktop

• Hello to all,

Yesterday I was checking the setting in Hyperion and noticed something bizarre and no idea why this is happening or related.

My set up is Hyperion NG on my main PC - Shield with Android Grabber and WLED.

When i need to access my main PC i always use my laptop and remote in to do work on it, as the main PC is connected to the main TV.

When playing around with Hyperion I noticed that when i close remote desktop on my laptop - I lose the black bar detection lol - come back into RDC and they work again.

When RDC if off, all works normally except black bar detection.....

Any ideas to help me?

Video here to show what is going on....

VID_20231207_095459
    streamable.com

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Hi

I would assume it is the same issue as this one https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/1632 .

The PC screen gets locked when you close the remote session. That triggers that Hyperion goes into idle mode.

With the following enhancement

Introduce Event Services by Lord-Grey · Pull Request #1653 · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    Summary Event Services Newly introduced Event Service configuration and consistent handling across all components Suspend/Resume & Screen Locking support for…
    github.com

you can disable that Hyperion would react on screen locking going forward.

• Good morning,

Thank you for the reply, however I am unable to locate this tab "event services"

I am using this build:

Version2.0.15
    Build(HEAD detached at 2.0.15) (GitHub-70e1043/24a00e3-1676809483)
    Build dateFeb 19 2023 14:48:39

Any ideas? I have settings level set to expert too.

Thanks

BP

• Offizieller Beitrag

The enhancement mentioned above is a new capability introduced after the 2.0.15 release.

I will be officially part of 2.0.16.

Until then, you have the option to test a development build.

I assume you require a Windows one?

• Good morning,

I updated to the latest version and the error still seems to be present.

The error - when I am on my laptop remotely connected to my PC where Hyperion is installed everything works excellent.

If I close remote desktop:

1: Hyperion still works and all LEDs are still working - this is for full TV programs only.

2: Hyperion only works on the side of the TV - and stops working at the top and bottom with black bar detection.

seems only black bar detection stops working for me when i close remote desktop and when i log back in, in works again.

any suggestions i can try to fix this?

many thx.

Ben

• XS21

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!