Multiple Hyperion Setups with the same led strips

• Okay let me explain, I want to play 4k 120hz HDR with g sync enabled on my new Hisense U7K tv. But realized this is not something I can do with a capture card and Hyperion on a raspberry pi 4, as my laptop and tv bug out but when I shut Hyperion off it works perfectly fine.

So now I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to run Hyperion on my laptop to control the same led strips that my raspberry pi do, but when I game with my laptop on the tv my laptop will control the LEDs instead of the pi. I have searched for documentation on a multi software setup but haven’t found anything so seeing what the easiest way to go about this is.

Currently I’m thinking I’d have to disable one before enabling the other (turn off Hyperion on the Pi before enabling Hyperion on my laptop)

Any advice is extremely appreciated. Also any side notes on getting a capture card that handles VRR and if Hyperion can work properly with VRR even would be great!

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

There are now external grabbers (€250) for 4k 120hz HDR.

VRR, DolbyVision can currently. none, but you get a picture on the display.

Hyperion works with priorities, which you can use to switch.

See Hyperion > Remote Control > Source Selection.

regards pclin

• Offizieller Beitrag

hyperion-remote - Application to send a command to hyperion using the JSON interface

hyperion-remote --sourceSelect <sourceSelect>

regards pclin

• I was trying to avoid spending the $250 on the capture card I found that would achieve this with my current setup.

I figured using what I have I could just have another instance of Hyperion on my laptop but that’s when the question of, “how do I automatically switch between instances” came about.

Also I’m still a bit of a beginner when it comes to the more advanced settings and am a bit confused about the Hyperion remote control. Is this something I’d be able to implement in my SofaBaton x1 smart universal remote so I could set up an activity to automatically switch the instance of Hyperion.

Thanks on advance and thanks for your current information!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!