Alternative hardware setup with miniPC

• Hi,

I've tried for a few days now to root my LG Tv unsuccessfully so I'm starting to consider other methods. One of the things that came to my mind since I use a Roku stick and I have my home server (miniPC with HDMI input and output) right next to my tv is to use hdmi splitter and connect it to the miniPC somehow. Do you think this setup would be possible. How would you go around doing that?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

What rooting methods have you tried?

Yes, Hyperion Ambilight will also be possible with miniPC, splitter, grabber and LED controller (e.g. ESP32 with WLED).

Depending on your operating system, you can easily install Hyperion.

I run Hyperion on LG webOS, Dreambox TWO and my PCs (Linux, Windows).

regards pclin

• Thanks.

I've tried all of them, like literally, mostly focused on crashd and getmein. From what I found is that even if there will be a working root for my firmware and OTAID then there's now a problem with autostart of apps. So I gave up and just bought a passthrough grabber with hdmi in and out that I will plug to my roku stick and tv and the usb I will plug to my miniPC running proxmox. Hopefully that should work out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are also solutions for the autostart problem. Read, search, ask on Discord openLGTV.

gruß pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!