Flashing LEDs while Hyperion web UI is loading

• I'm curious if anyone else has experienced a fairly dramatic LED flashing when loading Hyperion's web UI?

Demonstration video here.

This happens 100% of the time I load the web interface. I also get a similar flicker randomly while watching content (1 quick off/on every couple of minutes).

I'm about 80% sure this is to a system resource issue. I can also reliably create a similar flicker by SSH'ing into the Pi and running commands (for example, `top`).

What's interesting is that when I look at the system resource usage on the Pi (using `top`), I never see the CPU utilization exceed 20%, and memory utilization never exceeds 10%. This is true even when performing actions that cause the flicker (e.g. loading the web UI).

My setup:

• Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
    • LEDs: SK6812 (172 total LEDs) on pin 19
      • 3.3v to 5v level shifter: no
    • Controller type: sk68712spi
      • Baudrate: 5900000
    • Hyperion version: 2.0.16

Any ideas?

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nfriend () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by nfriend into this post.

• I think this might be a baudrate problem! I played around with a few different values and the flickering is now gone when I load the web UI. I currently have it set to 4500000, but I'm still seeing the occasional flicker while watching so I think I may need to tweak this further.

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there a reason to set such a high baudrate?

hyperion.ng/libsrc/leddevice/dev_spi/LedDeviceSk6812SPI.cpp at 806206ec012deb803c89e6ad8a9976c6bfb933dd · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    The successor to Hyperion aka Hyperion Next Generation - hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    github.com

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!