• Hello there!

Hardware:

- Raspberry Pi 3B 4Gb

- WS2812B by BTF, 5V LED strip, 5m, 60 LED/m

- WS2812B by TesFish, 5V LED strip, 1m, 60 LED/m

- Power supply 5V 5A

Hyperion Version:

why am I writing to you:

I made an ambilight DIY project with my RPI3b and a 5m 2812B ledstrip from BTF. The project worked fine out of the box, and i had no issues other than the refresh rate chosen by the hdmi splitter.

While trying to fix it, I had to plug in / off multiple time my LEDs power / data connection. In the end, the led did not turned on anymore.

I thought i broke one or two of the first LED while trying to fix my issues. I ordered another led strip, and tried again with a simple 34 led long strip.

At the moment the LED does not lights up at all. I cannot find any reason why it does not lights up, and cannot even figure if it is properly recognized by the pi.

Hyperion is indeed running as root. The logs at the moment show no error at all, even in debug mode, no information displayed can help me figure out what the problem is.

It seems like the device is not seen by hyperbian, as the logs list no device in the list:

2024-04-19T11:42:36.454Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1582:handleLedDeviceCommand()) message: [{"command":"leddevice","ledDeviceType":"ws281x","params":{"discoverAll":true},"subcommand":"discover","tan":587}]
    2024-04-19T11:42:36.455Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1602:handleLedDeviceCommand()) response: [{"devices":[],"isUserAdmin":true,"ledDeviceType":"ws281x"}]
    2024-04-19T11:42:42.257Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:213:sendClose()) Send close to ::ffff:192.168.1.6: 1000
    2024-04-19T11:42:43.039Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:30:WebSocketClient()) New connection from ::ffff:192.168.1.6
    2024-04-19T11:42:43.201Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:154:handleInstanceSwitch()) Client '::ffff:192.168.1.6' switch to Hyperion instance 0
    2024-04-19T11:42:43.497Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1582:handleLedDeviceCommand()) message: [{"command":"leddevice","ledDeviceType":"ws281x","params":{"discoverAll":true},"subcommand":"discover","tan":290}]
    2024-04-19T11:42:43.497Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1602:handleLedDeviceCommand()) response: [{"devices":[],"isUserAdmin":true,"ledDeviceType":"ws281x"}]

Raspberry Pi changes:

(connection via SSH)

i disabled the running hyperion@pi.service and enabled hyperion@root.service.

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi.service

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root.service

sudo reboot

Powering:

Both of my Strips have 5 wires. Three of them were as known connectable with a connector, the other two (a red and a white wire) not.

I assume the single red and the connector red wire are the same, as well as the single white and the connector white. At least their resistance is pretty low R<0.1 Ohm.

The power supply is connected to the single red wire, the COM to the single white wire.

The Raspberry Pi uses its own USB-C power supply. I connected the COM from the LED strip single white cable to the GND at PIN 6 for voltage reference.

Current Hyperion Debug Log (including screen capture hardware which works in Hyperion web Apps preview - but does not effect the problem at all)

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

There is no user pi in the current Hyperbian, please take a look at the documentation.

PWM requires that Hyperion run under the root user.

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

SPI or PWM? You can also find information about this in the documentation.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hi pclin,

Unfortunately, Hyperion is already running as root.

At the moment I only have tried to connect it through PWM, it worked, and stopped working (but can't find out why).

I just tried through SPI (data pin connected to GPIO19) and SPI enable OS-side, but no result either.

I will try a fresh install to start all over again, and release every drop of doubts.

If you have any other ideas, I would be pleased to hear it from you.

By the way, I consider using a dedicated WLED controller, so communication goes through zigbee, do you think this option will be simpler to administrate ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!