Hyperion/HyperCon Android Development

• I had also something like hyperion suddenly did not work...checked all connections an so on...it was not the HW. I just burned a new sd and configured it new for hyperion and it worked. I am not sure what exactly it was, but I had this now two times.it only happens when I "play" arround to much with the settings in the *.json...this may also solve your problem...

• I have also a level shifter in between. This one also got a broken soldering connection for the data lines. I only found it out when I really went to all connections (power, conections at the corners up to levelshifter and pi) after christmas I will make a solid frame where I put everything on. (it will be a little bigger than the actual screen, because I also plan to buy a bigger one next year) IHopefully you will find the fault soon...
    By the way: Good to here that you are still working on the improved app. I am just a HW computer freak but not able to program. Hello world is possible but if it gets into details I get some knots in my brain :)

• Hi BioHaZard1,good that you found it. Up to now I did not have any time for the frame.. :( Did you had some time for programming? If you have a beta version that should be tested, I could do so :)

Yes, a lot has changed actually. I had to move away from the old tabbed layout as it was getting too cluttered. Just got to add a few more features and iron out a few bug and we should be ready for an alpha.

Thanks for developing the new app,
    You need any help?

I'm good at the minute, I have everything under control. However, when it is released feel free to help as much as you like.

• Hi Hi BioHaZard1 nice outlook we have....as soon as you are ready I would like to test the alpha...
    an Idea came in my mind... Eventually you are also able to implement some controls for such LED chains. I meane something like the start effects that you can use them permanently. In this way we also could have the APA or others as room lightning with and without effect. I have so many Ideas concerning effects, but I am to stupid to programm it :) But something like a smoth coulor change with the beats of the music, or creating sections for a grafic analyzer....and so on....

• Those screenshots look promising! Really like how you use the Material design guidelines

I see the repository at https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.android is still empty.
    I would very much like to use this app to test whether the protobuf port on my install works correctly, since the Kodi plugin gives me a "Could not send image to Hyperion" error.

Also, the sooner you put it online, the sooner people could help out with development :)

• Hi Hi BioHaZard1 nice outlook we have....as soon as you are ready I would like to test the alpha...
    an Idea came in my mind... Eventually you are also able to implement some controls for such LED chains. I meane something like the start effects that you can use them permanently. In this way we also could have the APA or others as room lightning with and without effect. I have so many Ideas concerning effects, but I am to stupid to programm it :) But something like a smoth coulor change with the beats of the music, or creating sections for a grafic analyzer....and so on....

Sure, when the time comes, more information on the Alpha will be posted here. I think the graphic equalizer effect would be great, there is a thread about Music Mode under Feature Requests which seems promising. :thumbup:

Those screenshots look promising! Really like how you use the Material design guidelines

I see the repository at https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.android is still empty.
    I would very much like to use this app to test whether the protobuf port on my install works correctly, since the Kodi plugin gives me a "Could not send image to Hyperion" error.

Also, the sooner you put it online, the sooner people could help out with development :)

A lot has changed since those screenshots, in fact a full redesign as things were getting too cluttered. Unfortunately, my app no longer uses protobuf. I switched to JSON-RPC when I started working on the build for Hyperion.ng. I'm making good progress, I've almost implemented all available features. A build will be available on release of the next gen hyperion. :)

• Hi BioHaZard1, sounds more than promising… Can`t wait for an alpha release…. You did get me right I mend a graphic analyzer :) . The other thing I mend was only a change of colors in the beat of the music. Of of cause you must have than the possibilities to change the weight of each channel to get your preferred colors and there must be a smoothening inside, because it could get to hectic if you hear techno and the color is changing with 160bpm… I will search for the thread…

• As far as i read the capture hope died (half) again. As you can no longer execute for example netflix on rooted devices. http://www.androidpolice.com/2…es-app-still-working-now/

And to break it down.

Welcome in 2017 :)

However, it's up to @BioHaZard1 to integrate this into _this_ app or a second which is just for capturing. But i recommand to keep _this_ app on "legal" routes to avoid deletion/abuse

Not sure if you noticed, here is a protobuf java example and you are good to go :)
    https://hyperion-project.org/w…t-example?highlight=proto
    Now it's just a matter of code connection :)

• nice stuff!!!! dear looking very impresive but some points are remain but it's good

• If I do get the time to try something out it would almost certainly be in the form of a separate app.

My main concern is Kodi is implementing "DRM" features/functionality to Kodi. As of yet, it is not clear how they are going do it. However, if there were to do this they would be required to enable the 'secure' flag. It might be that case that the secure flag is enabled when a DRM enabled addon is installed or in use.

Here are the screenshots of Hyperion Android app :)

[MEDIA=imgur]id=a%2Ff2Izv;type=album[/MEDIA]

• Looks great so far :)

If I do get the time to try something out it would almost certainly be in the form of a separate app

I would also recommend to split it. There is no real benefit to bloat the main application with it. However, drm and kodi might be a problem yes. But in case it won't work you could still use it for everything else, like games and your own drm free movies.
    It's another way to feed Hyperion and more possibilities are good?!

As i see you splitted "add new device" and zeroconf? Might be worth to combine them, if you want to add a new device, scan for some seconds and compare the saved list(ip|port) against the results. If no new instances are found, provide the manual input.
    Edit2: On the other hand you scan on startup. Hm, i need a hands on :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!