no grabber image

• How do i add the sketch that u posted before ?

• goto: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng and download the project .zip files, from the button on the right side of the page.

extract to a folder and navigate to the "adalight.ino" file. it's in "/assets/firmware/arduino/adalight/"

Right click on adalight.ino and open with arduino ide. Thats assuming you have you installed the IDE.

• I expected a error at this point. There is more to do now =)

First what type of arduino board do you have?
    You well need to change the board type in the IDE in the tool tab under "boards" pick from the list the board you have.

Next we need to edit the adalight.ino file to match your setup. Look thru the file. It has very good comments on whats going on in the file. Tip: Lines that start with // are comments.

Which leads me to the questions of:
    How many leds are you using ?
    What type?
    What pins are you going to attach the led's to on the arduino ?

And fill the answers in the appropriate spots in the "adalight.ino" file.

• sorry about this & thanks for your patience .

The arduino board is called a wavgat uno r3, its working fine as i have programmed an example file.

as far as i know i have edited the file correctly . i have included what i have done.

atm i have 174 leds
    2812b
    pin 10 on arduino

[MEDIA=pastebin]QTYkACX3[/MEDIA]

• Hmm.

I noticed that I have version 3.1.6 of Fastled. I guess I have not updated in a wile. Try reverting to that version from within the library manager.

Sometime progress breaks thing =)

• Hmm.

I noticed that I have version 3.1.6 of Fastled. I guess I have not updated in a wile. Try reverting to that version from within the library manager.

Sometime progress breaks thing =)

Tried to compile with a different board & it compiles fine, as soon as i switch to my wavgat board & compile it throws up the error ?

• Hmm.
    I'm grasping straws now (using my google-fu) Does this help?
    https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=540421.0

OK , i tried this option

(3) During my hit or miss attempts, I was successful, when I selected (Tools>Board>Arduino Dumilanove or Diecemila).

It seems to have loaded up fine , the leds have changed to all white now.

I have just edited the script just just to see if it changes to what i tell it too, i changed the
    #define MAX_LEDS 176
    to 50 & then 1, does that mean that either 50 or 1 should just light up as they dont all are still lit

I have the drivers installed fine for wavgat
    i tried test pattens with that selection of board (Tools>Board>Arduino Dumilanove or Diecemila). & thats not working.
    when i revert back to wavgat all works fine ( test pattens )

• Unfortunately it looks like you have run in to a incompatible arduino clone. I'm guessing.

Fortunately arduino clone are not that expensive.
    I recommend a arduino nano clone. Something like:

Or the real deal. It costs more but it's not a clone.

Although trying different pins might work to.

• Was just starting to think the same myself actually. Just my luck to buy a POS board

What do you think of this one

Ive ordered a usb powered hub which should arrive monday so i will try that & see what happens.

• I'll help here, is it can possibly be of help to others.

Im not really understanding this from step 2

"2. Hyperion configuration" ?
    It seem to be detailing the working of the .conf file.
    THIS example should be easier to read as its complete and not cropped.

Please post your currant config files and the edit you have made to the arduino sketch. Hyperion log as well please.

How about first try a plain raspberry lite os image for now. its less restricting and easier to troubleshoot. Once its working just copy and paste the config file to libreelec.

• current arduino sketch

[MEDIA=pastebin]Ytfk1mAW[/MEDIA]

hypercon ssh log

[MEDIA=pastebin]HccuegEG[/MEDIA]

ssh log when i try to change color

[MEDIA=pastebin]tTYLKdYv[/MEDIA]

config file in dir ( \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.hyperion )

[MEDIA=pastebin]K8QimDC0[/MEDIA]

I can still connect with the app but have no control over the color

Which lite image do you recommend ?

• Which lite image do you recommend ?

Raspbian Stretch Lite , You can get a copy HERE .Don't use Libreelec version of Hypercon to install Hyperion, use the generic version from the download in the forum tab bar.

atm i have 174 leds
    2812b
    pin 10 on arduino

I'm working off of this. That said, I see some errors:
    in arduino sketch should be:

Code
    // For led chips like Neopixels, which have a data line, ground, and power, you just
    // need to define DATA_PIN.  For led chipsets that are SPI based (four wires - data, clock,
    // ground, and power), like the LPD8806 define both DATA_PIN and CLOCK_PIN
    #define DATA_PIN 10
    // #define CLOCK_PIN 13

It possible a resistor may be needed on the data line. Sometimes it fine without. We'll see.
    The Hyperion config has 251 leds defined? You have 174, correct? no matter we will fix that later.

Edit the sketch and re-upload to the arduino.
    If wiring is done as above, and the arduino receives power from it's usb port and the leds have there own power The leds do a small power on test upon powering of the arduino,

Try to get it working to that point.

• edited sketch

[MEDIA=pastebin]ETqS5Ykh[/MEDIA]

ssh log after install

[MEDIA=pastebin]Jnn0nJE5[/MEDIA]

STOP hypercon, take grabber screenhot Hyperion locks up

[MEDIA=pastebin]MdfrkAgw[/MEDIA]

app not connecting , color wheel not responding

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!