Strange behaviour of black borders disabled

• Hi, i´ve disabled the black border detection option, erasing that part of the config file, as i´ve read somewhere on this forums that just disabling the option from Hypercon tool it does not work correctly (and i´ve checked that of course).

Thing is, mostly of the time it is working as expected, but sometimes is not, even on the same movie. I mean, when i play a movie with black bars (wich is almost the 99% of the time) it does its job, and i can see how the leds are flashing its colours on top and bottom of my tv matching the image displayed, and of course on the sides. But suddenly, on some sequences, it does not, and it´s acting like black borders are enabled, and im only see leds flashing on the tv sides. Sometimes it does that just by a few seconds, and then its working again. And sometimes it seems that it only "reactivates" the lights when a movie sequence changes.

Can be some kind of bug or something similar ¿?? I´ve searched on the bugs forum and i dont see anything related, other than the enabling/disabling from Hypercon tool issue.
    Thanks in advance, hope someone can help.

PS: Attached my config.json in case there´s something bad there that i didnt notice.

• Greetings,

and it´s acting like black borders are enabled

you mean disabled?

Sometimes it does that just by a few seconds

This should be usually the case. That there is some short delay thats also normal.

And sometimes it seems that it only "reactivates" the lights when a movie sequence changes

If the blackbar is not detected properly you could try to higher the threshold slightly. In case the bar is not 100% black it will fail.

Hope this helps
    brindosch

• No, i mean when the issue happens, acts like blackborder detection is enabled.
    I know theres a short delay, but more than 5 seconds, and as i´ve said, sometimes a whole sequence wich can go above 15 or 20 or more secons... i think it´s not normal.
    About increasing the threshold.... Is it not suppossed that if i disable black borders detection, those settings does not apply ??...
    I think you understood me bad, or i explained wrong :)

I don´t want to detect black borders, because i want all the whole led strip lights when watching movies (top+bottom+sides), even when they have or not black bars.

• I don´t want to detect black borders, because i want all the whole led strip lights when watching movies (top+bottom+sides), even when they have or not black bars.

If i understand you right you want all leds showing -always- colors but you don't want detect the blackbars (which is a dissent?!)
    Blackborderdetector = ignore them and move forward to the picture edge to light up always the lights.

If yo don't want to ignore the blackborders you disable it. Now you see always black - in case you don't see black, your capture areas are bigger than your "black border" and your leds light up (i could imagine this is weird)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!