Hyperion-NG Webinterface Problem...

• Sorry - i'm not clear obviously. I try to build the binaries in a Debian Jessie VM (on Virtual Box OSX) FOR a Debian native PC (VDR, but dedicated Distro without compiling possibilities). The Web-Client for the daemon on the native PC is my Mac ;)

• So it worked before, but webui was broken (screenshot) (when running on your VDR)
    And now it doesn't start anymore?
    Regarding your Safari issue, please check this for any output.

Can you open developer console. Are there any errors?

Does MLD use x11 to show the ui?

Could you set https://github.com/hyperion-pr…onfig.json.commented#L170
    to x11? Framebuffer won't work for sure.
    If this doesn't work, try to disable the framegrabber.

Or let's go a step back, does your VM has network enabled? Start Hyperion and access it from your Mac. This should work.

OT:
    I had a headless VDR with DVB-S + Kodi as frontend some years back, was a fun project. Maybe i come back to this some day :)

• Ok - segfault is gone. I disabled the frame grabber in the generated config and then I tried the debug mode and found some old settings in my config. Daemon is running again - but webconfig is the same way distorted.

Started with the same config on my virtual compile Debian Machine the webinterface is beautiful...?!?

Is there anything more needed than the libs seen with "ldd hyperiond" ?

• Ok guys - i found the root cause of my behavior!!!

I analysed the open files by hyperiond-process and found something interesting, which has nothing to do with the source of compiling or transferring of binaries from dev to prod system:

The process opens this file: /usr/share/mime/mime.cache

I deleted the file - and after a restart the webinterface ist nice for me!

(Something for the FAQ?)

• Glad you found a solution.
    But i have no real idea who updated the mime. Or why the cache should break it.
    Is there now a new cache file? What happens after a system restart?

Hopefully a edge case, as long you install the deps from the repos all should be fine
    But it should be noted.

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!