1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + Other Software Multiple Device Config

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by shooks, 28 December 2016.

1. shooks

shooks New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, +AtmoOrb, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I'm using Hyperion on a Raspberry Pi to control a WS2801 strip and an Atmoorb. Have it working really nicely except one hiccup. I've got two systemd service units setup, but the second one only works if I log in and manually restart it. Systemctl reports it as "loaded active running" even though it doesn't work until I restart it.

I thought perhaps it was dependent on the first instance and tried adding a "After=hyperion.service" directive to the systemd unit, but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

PS: Any news on when Hyperion will be updated so that you don't need to manually run two instances?

2. penfold42

penfold42 Moderator Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I have multiple instances running just fine as separate systemd services.

Are you forwarding from one to the other ?

What does systemctl status say after a reboot for the broken one ?

I seem to recall you could just specify multiple config files after hyperiond if you wanted the instances spawned as children.
    I can't remember if that's in Hyperion or hyperion.ng

3. shooks

shooks New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, +AtmoOrb, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Yep, I'm forwarding one to the other. Systemctl status shows the non-functioning (one receiving the forward) as active (running).

I think I read that multiple configs from coming in ng and don't see anything about it in the wiki (or anywhere else).

Is there a way to see the hyperion log for one instance vs the other? Where is the log stored? I've only viewed it via hypercon.