1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Hyperion setup (OSMC, rpi3, APA102)

Discussion in 'Hyperion Setup Showcase' started by Davos, 9 October 2016.

1. Davos

Davos New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, +PhilipsHue
    I hope to see more setups from other people in the future but some people need to start . So here is my Hyperion setup.

About a year ago I finished my first setup after a lot of error. My technical knowledge isn't that great but its getting better and better while working on this project. That's why I updated a week ago to v2.0 with a raspberry pi 3 :). I dont have that much photo's of the whole building progress so I try to give you a little idea through some of them.

The first thing I did was buying 3 meters of aluminium strip to make a frame that I could fit behind my television and wall mount.

I used this type of strip:
    [​IMG]

With a saw I made the ends of the strip fit in a 90 degree corners and glued the frame together with 2 component epoxy. After a day the epoxy had hardened and made a really strong frame so mounted in the APA120 led strip.

IMG-20150818-WA0000.jpg

It works! :D
    IMG-20150818-WA0003.jpeg

This is how it fits behind my television. Fits perfect between the bracket of my wall mount and the tv.
    IMG-20150818-WA0007.jpeg

Still work in progress, it's less messy now because I fitted the rpi behind my television. I also bought 2 living color lights to extend this setup but still have some issues with getting both systems on together.

20161006_222530.jpg

So what do you think? If you have any questions let me know.

Big thanks to everyone who made this project possible! :omg::thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Ich komme wieder, keine Frage! Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    Very Great. +1

3. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino
    i like the frame you used! looks great, very smooth :)

4. willfunhh

willfunhh New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Realy good!! Can you give us more details about the stripes...
    In addition to that I would like to ask you, if you could get a good colour calibration.
    If yes, I would like to know your vallues.

5. termeric

termeric New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    What kind of powersupply are you using for the LEDs? is is separate form the power supply for your raspi?

6. willfunhh

willfunhh New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
  7. snowy18

snowy18 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Looks great, one question though:

How did you connect the frame to the back of your TV?

8. Davos

Davos New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, +PhilipsHue
    @snowy18: Thank you! I put the frame between my tv and bracket. Works perfect like that. On the 3th picture you can see how it works :)

9. Davos

Davos New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, +PhilipsHue
    @willfunhh @termeric I used APA102 stripes, works great and not too expensive. In time I used an rpi2b it was connected on the same power supply. Now when i'm using an rpi3 (with kodi) and still on the same power supply 20 amp. 20 amp is not enough for this setup so i'm upgrading to 30 amps

10. snowy18

snowy18 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    So the frame is only connected at the top? Isn't that a bit too shaky? Or am I getting it wrong?

11. Davos

Davos New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, +PhilipsHue
    Yes, my tv bracket has 2 points and I can slide my frame between the tv and the 2 points. I recently bought another bracket for my tv, will try to upload some photos next week :)