old kit AMBILED HD, led WS2812B, hyperion

• Hello everybody - sorry if this question has already been posted somewhere but it's two days i bang my head through many tutorials, never get my hyperion system working.
    I have an old ambiled kit from flytron, with 176 led ws2812b. The controller between my raspi and leds is an arduino nano.
    Worked great for a year.
    Two days ago i reinstalled from scratch my mediacenter OSMC and hyperion is not working at all.
    Can someone give me some guideline about install fastled sketch on the controller? And of course where to find the sketch!

tnx in advance

• I Also have this problem, with the same kit...
    As it's worked for years, I'd like to investigate why it's suddenly DOA before I go hacking it up....

Just curious as to any information you've found as to why your AmbiledHD kit isn't working?

• ok, did some work and now is back online ;)
    Basically, is an arduino nano where pin n.2 is the one used for data. Attached dyou'll find my .ino sketch, to upload on ambiled driver, and the json file for hyperion.
    One thing - i packed this file on the fly, there are two arduino sketches and i don't know which one works :) (i think the right one is sketch_2.txt)
    Please test them, both. The working one will make on ambiled startup the light swirl as you seen many times.

The json file is for a 176 led config, please check the usb port is the one you are using.
    Connect everything as from ambiled originla instructions.

Let me know!

• So if I'm understanding you correctly I need to upload the driver to the Nano ( which is the square block with the chip in it ) ?
    Or am I misunderstanding you... your kit is still 100% intact as it was shipped? or did you replace a part?

• The kit is 100% original, never been touched.
    The ambiled driver is an arduino nano using ATMEGA328 chip. While checking the controller pcb, i noticed it has already onboard all the "stuff" needed in many hyperion projects i saw in the past 10 days. So diodes, resistors, all in.
    After all, ambiled was almost a plug and play solution.

So now download arduino ide, upload configuration and then use the json provided. But as i told you, right after sketch upload you could see the flashing start effect of ambiled.

• Does this sketch file require a certain name ( sorry, I'm new to screwing around this deep with things )

as upload and complie works fine and I get success, and seems both files, produce light... however I'm starting to wonder if I have a different problem, because my light strand only produces a DIM red light on start up...

I'm so completely annoyed with this whole thing right now...

• Well... i think ambiled cabling is really simple, please check so we can exclude this kind of issue.
    Please remember that the driver unit has a usb input that comes from raspberry and a separate power source. My kit, and i think also yours, uses WS2812B - these are 3 wires led stripes, and must be connected to the driver unit.

To upload the sketch... download arduino IDE, open it and then paste the test from sketch_2.txt. I think this is the right sketch.
    Please check in arduino ide that you are using the right port, the right board (nano) and the right chip (ATmega328).
    (did you installed in your libraries adafruit_neopixel.h, RIGHT? I don't think compile will work wihtout that but please check)

After sketch uploading, shut down the power stripe then power up again. You should see a "lamp", a "faded light" from the led strip. If this happens, it means the stripe and the driver are ready to go.
    And so, you can move to json file.

• Hey.
    Yeah it's all wired up properly, and indeed was uploading to the Nano board.... I was concerned the file needed to be named a certain way to be considered active or whatever, but I read about that's not the case... so I'm good.

I've installed hyperion and it's working... and lighting the lights now, just really really dim and only seems to be variants of red.

I am going to retry both of those sketch files again today, now that i'm actually getting some signs of life out of the thing.
    I really need a volt meter, I have a feeling these cheap 5v adapters are garbage.

I also switched to LibreElec, as OSMC has been just a pain, can't even seem to install it now.

LibreElec is working beautifully :)

• Variants of red? Really strange.
    Please note that one of those sketch makes a sequance of flashing lifghts on startup - that one IS NOT the right sketch.
    Use the other one.

I think that if you get the white dim once you power up the ambiled, it means ambiled is ok and you can move to json config.

• Yes, everything is working exactly how it should be, however light output is very dim and red... but does correspond to whats showing on the screen,

I am taking my power adapter to work to test it with a volt meter, as I imagine it's not putting out 5v .. all the "dim red flickering" threads seem to lead to that conclusion.

sketch_arduino_2.txt is the sketch I used, and is indeed on the nano...

However I'm going to assume that because I get light, and it lights in the right areas now, but has no Green or Blue channel, that it's a power thing.

I'll report back after testing my adapter..

• Okay so testing the adapter at my office indicates that the replacement adapter I bought to replace the shitty one at home... is junk and puts out no power at all :|

I'll buy a high end one on friday and I think I'll be good to go from here:) thanks for all your help.

• Brand new adapter and I'm up and running.

Everything is perfect, except white... shows as orange??

Anyway, I believe thats a post for "software support forum" but i'm so happy to have my atmosphere back in my living room thanks for your help!!!

• Brand new adapter and I'm up and running.

Everything is perfect, except white... shows as orange??

Anyway, I believe thats a post for "software support forum" but i'm so happy to have my atmosphere back in my living room thanks for your help!!!

Hello KelKelKel,

I've just created an account, just to say one thing : thank you so so so [...] so much.
    My ambiled kit, on my predator z35 monitor, started to show only shades of red, and it was, indeed, the power adapter. Bought one "universal" on amazon, and...wooow my eyes also say thank you.

Have a nice day bro !!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!