Random color flashes

• Hi everyone,

I'm running on a Pi Zero W with OSMC installed.

I've got hyperion running but I get random colors flashing through the whole strip. There's a video of that here -

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

In the video it's clear that Hyperion is running and sending signals through the strip, as I move items around the display the LEDs do adjust, they just adjust with random colors.

Here's my config - [MEDIA=pastebin]9QquA1KB[/MEDIA]

Any help would be really appreciated, I'm so close to backlighting heaven!

• Offizieller Beitrag

could you make a video woth this video in fullscreen pls

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• could you make a video woth this video in fullscreen pls

Hi, thanks for your response.

Here's the requested video (this should probably have a seizure warning!)

• Also, something strange I just discovered. I was working through the color calibration and found that when my screen is displaying a pure white picture, all LEDs turn off... Could this be an issue of not having enough current going through the leds?

Edit: Probably not, tested on a small strip (only 6 LEDs) and couldn't get a stable color through those either.

• Try adding ( "dmanum" : 5, ) or ( "dmanum" : 10, ) to the "// DEVICE CONFIGURATION"

Thanks for the response, sadly this causes the hyperion service to fail on start. I tried with both 5 and 10 for the values, both had the same result. Here's the output log:

• Wile not exactly related to Hyperion, I think this page could help. ( https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixels-on-raspberry-pi/wiring ) the level shifter should help. Or you could use a inexpensive arduino nano.

Personally I would a arduino. I use them all the time with W2812 leds

The blinking is most likely the data signal voltage level being inadequate, and being disrupted by stronger near by signals.

• Wile not exactly related to Hyperion, I think this page could help. ( https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixels-on-raspberry-pi/wiring ) the level shifter should help. Or you could use a inexpensive arduino nano.

Personally I would a arduino. I use them all the time with W2812 leds

The blinking is most likely the data signal voltage level being inadequate, and being disrupted by stronger near by signals.

Thanks! I have a level shifter so will try that tomorrow, I've managed to get it working on a 3.3v signal before, not sure why it's not working this time around.

• Ok, so I've narrowed down the problem to be something with the power supply I'm using.

I tested the strand using an arduino and the Adafruit NeoPixel strand test sketch and I was getting the same random flashing of colors, I then tested it with the 5v out on the arduino itself and the LEDs performed normally (well, as many as the Ardunio could power). I need to get my hands on an ammeter to see what's happening, my guess is it's not supplying a constant current to the strip? I'm not exactly an electronics expert so this is all just guess work for now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!