Running 2 LED strips (same kind, same number of LEDs) parallel

• Hi guys, what an awesome project!

I got my ambient lighting system up and running, it works flawlessly with OSMC on a raspi 3 and via the hyperion app on Windows phone.
    Now I'd love to use the raspi to fire another LED stripe at the ceiling, it would be an exact copy of the led stripe behind the TV.
    In a now closed thread it was said that you could just connect the ceiling-LED stripe to the end of the TV-LED stripe, with some manual changes to the config file.
    So what changes would that be?

I have 104 LEDs per stripe, and a power source capable of running the two stripes. My idea was to feed the 5v and the ground to the last LED at the ceiling again, would that make sense?
    THANKS!
    Olli

• Thanks for the fast answers!
    I tried just running them in parallel, but just had lots of flickering - perhaps I mixed up the cables.
    I found this as a closed topic:

"tvdzwan commented on 15 Nov 2014
    [...] You can just double the number of leds. ou will need to manually adjust the configuration file for this though. It might be useful to check out the option for multiple color-tranforms. This will allow jou to tune the color settings of the second strip separate from the first strip."

Here is the full link: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion/issues/197

So I thought the problem was in the config file.
    Will try to count the LEDs again and double-check the wiring, and then see what happens...

• Sorry for the late bump. Was too busy to do the wiring again!
    But I can confirm that running two identical strips in parallel actually WORKS. No changes needed in the config.
    I do have terrible flickering in the second strip which apparrently has to do with lots of power cables in the way - the led's run much better already when I turn stuff off, including the TV. Which is not quite the point though...
    So I'll have to try stuff like aluminium foil and so on, I guess there are enough threads for that already. But the initial problem is solved, thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!