1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hyperion not working anymore?

Discussion in 'Hyperion General' started by taker-`, 24 January 2019.

1. taker-`

taker-` New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    hello,

i tried it in the german forum first, but i dont think, that someone could help me there, so i try my luck here. i hope its alright. if not, than a mod could maybe delete my thread in the german forum. (thx)

so...here we go...i had my raspi3b connected with a alexa switch. so everytime i cut off the power, the pi lose is power completely...thats bad, so i have it now running 24/7h and only my tv, avr and the leds lose the complete power, when i turn it off with my alexa.

someone said, that maybe my system is damaged (raspbian jessie), so i formatted my sdcard and started new, but with raspbian stretch lite. there i didnt have luck...hyperion isnt working. so i started again from the beginning, but now with the newest version of raspbian jessie! but it also dont work. and i got exact the same error message :(

how could i fix this problem?

tells me this:

than i tried this:

No journal files were found, is what i get as answer. :(

after that i tried
    it shows me:

im not sure, but should be "1b71:3002" my grabber? i cant remember, but i think i had also a name after that numbers, when hyperion was working. i disconnected than everything....waited about n hour and started up all again. now in hypercon i could grab a picture....so, the grabber seems to work?

now i reached the end of my (small) linux knowing...i hope someone can help me with it. if you need more infos, just tell me. :)

info: i attached my configfile of my hyperion setup. maybe it helps?

thnaks

Attached Files:

2. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hi,

Correct. It should be more like:
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]

It appears that the grabber simple broke.

Or perhaps the power supply that powers the Rpi (and the grabber) is lacking. I would make sure it is able output at least 2 amps. Minimum.

The usb grabber might have malfunctioned due to lack of sufficient power.
    If you have a 3+ amps power supply you can try to increases the amperage to the usb ports from the default 600mA to 1+ amp. By adding "max_usb_current=1" to the file "/boot/config.txt". Do not do this if your supply is less then 3 amps,

Edit: the "max_usb_current=1" only works on the Rpi 3, and B+, and I think the Rpi model 2. Not Rpi0 or Rpi 1.

Hope it's of help.

Last edited: 24 January 2019
  3. taker-`

taker-` New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    yea. exactly what i could remember! currently im working. 3hrs to go...when im at home, ill try max_usb_current=1.

and first i need to watch the power supply...ok, but i think its the original raspi power supply with that berry on it. i hope the grabber isnt broken :( it worked all just fine for weeks and now that problem :(

to your edit: i got a raspi 3b. there it should also work.

(sorry for my english, but ill give my best :p)

ill tell you if it worked or not later. thanks

4. taker-`

taker-` New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
  5. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I looked at the link for the grabber. It has good reviews. However it does not specifically say in the description it's a UTV007 chip.

Their is another that specifically said it's a UTV007 chip (www.amazon.de/EasyCAP-Grabber-Fushicai-UTV007-Chipsatz/dp/B01FPXCTSM)

On a side note. I noticed the usb grabbers run very hot. Some hot enough to make the plastic case pliable. I have attach a heatsink to all usb grabbers I use, just for caution. I have not lost a grabber yet. This is a picture I took a year and a half ago. That grabber is still going today and it's been on 24/7 since that picture.

[​IMG]

I Hope it helps

6. taker-`

taker-` New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    ok, i tried now to add usb_max_current=1 to the config, rebooted and typed again lsusb.

still the same problem. i really think, that the grabber device is broken. my friend got a working one, so i try it tomorrow and if it works, than ill buy a new one.
    do you guys have a amazon link? prime delivery? and amazon.de link, for germany would be nice. :)

//edit: i got it working again. it was a broken cable. i fixed it and now it works :)

thanks for help

Last edited: 28 January 2019
  7. taker-`

taker-` New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    *push*

hello guys,
    i have again a problem with my hyperion. it stopped working again. last day i watched tv and my odroid stopped working, also the rasperry. i restarted both with my ssh android app. now hyperion doenst work anymore. i used a new sdcard and reinstalled all. tried the old backup config with which it worked before with no problems, and i created after that a new one. nothing...

ok, when i type
    i got this:

any ideas? you can see, that my last post was on 28.01.2019. from there till yesterday it all worked fine and now this :(

thanks

8. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Active Member Developer

./usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json
    output please?

9. taker-`

taker-` New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    hi,

today i did a fresh install of hyperion and now its working again. when i use lsusb i can see the grabber again.

dont know what was wrong. but okey, now its working fine again. :)

thx

• Like Like x 1