Please help find correct USB frame grabber

• Hey guys .... I'm at my whits end.

I've ordered several of the USB capture device that is linked all over the place, I've ordered one from eBay, and I've ordered 5 different ones from amazon. They all literally show up as the same device, lsusb: "534d:0021"

Some have UTVF007 on their chip, others are counterfeit, or have different chipsets. None have worked.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3, I've tried RasPlex, LibreElec, OSMC, RaspberryOS, etc ... nothing changes between the OS's.

I have max_usb_current=1 set in boot.txt

I also seem to be fighting with a faulty APA102 LED strip .... everything seems to point to the first LED being bad or something, I have to experiment more with them.

• Mine is plugged directly in the Pi.
    It is supposed to draw current from the HDMI.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try, please wish me luck I’ll need it lol...
    also could you recommend a source for good APA102 LEDs? Just in case I can’t get my set up and running

• I currently have this , which works ok with a 1080p signal to these LEDS, Hope this helps.

Note:This grabber claims to accept a 4K input, however in practice I’ve had to downgrade my SkyTV output to 1080p to the grabber for the Rpi3 to pick it up.

• Hey all,

I have bought the same grabber but still get an error when trying to use this grabber:
    VIDIOC_S_STD ERROR 25, Inappropriate ioctl for device

Any ideas how to fix this.

Ive tried Hyperion with Raspberry PI OS and also with LibreElec and both give the same problem.

Hyperion itself works, because when I disable the grabber it seems to work perfectly. I can send color commands and the leds light up the correct way.

• Just cut of the strip. Maybe the ic is not good of that led. Then give a try again.

• I had the same problem with the big search of different grabbers, fighting with hypercon and did it all but found the sollution.
    The problem is the software, upgrade your Hyperion.SH to the new one Hyperion.NG and your UTVF007 grabber will work. You can find the software for Hyperion.NG by connecting the PI to the internet and with a fresh install ( Debian/Buster) it will run fine. The problem is not the grabbers but the really sensitive coding in Hyperion.SH

The new software Hyperion.NG is way better and runs flawlesly BUT, it takes much more effort to install correctly onto your PI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!