Unable to open RS232 device (IO Exception (2): No such file or directory, file

• My USB appears to be connecting through ttyAMA0, that is why I am choosing that connection in Hyperion. I've tried the others as well and they fail also.

osmc@osmc:~$ dmesg | grep "tty"
    [ 0.000272] console [tty0] enabled
    [ 1.310612] 3f201000.serial: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0x3f201000 (irq = 87, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
    [ 5.971692] cdc_acm 1-1.3:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
    [ 135.712971] cdc_acm 1-1.3:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
    [ 222.233813] cdc_acm 1-1.3:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

I've tried other rates as well. Had no effect.
    Yes. The rate in the sketch matches the config. I've test a few variants on this also.

The only thing at this point seems to be hardware related. I am thinking the video grabber might not be working properly, even though the launch indicates the grabber was started.

• You don't want /dev/ttyAMA0 - this is the onboard serial port on the gpio headers.

You USB device is /dev/ACM0

Forget the grabber for now, we need to focus on getting the leds working.
    Use this arduino sketch https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ino/adalight/adalight.ino

Set the baud rate to 11520 in the sketch.

Hand edit the Hyperion config on the Pi to check the baud rate and ACM0

Kill any existing hyperiond:
    killall hyperiond
    hyperiond /<path where your config is>/hyperion.conf.json

• I apologize, I was in error about the dmesg line, It seems my dyslexia got the better of me. Two lines very similar and close together. /sigh

You don't want /dev/ttyAMA0 - this is the onboard serial port on the gpio headers.

You USB device is /dev/ACM0

The above statement from Penfold42 is is correct.

• That worked!
    Well, parts of it. I did change back to /dev/ACM0 as well.
    I think it was the sketch I was using that was corrupting things, regardless of /dev/tty* setting.
    I still used the HyperCon interface to send the config and stop/start things. Don't know enough about editing in 'vi' yet.

Thanks for all the help.
    Much appreciated.

Definitely learned a lot by starting from scratch though.
    Works with KODI and ROKU.

Now I need to mount the LEDs.

• I see this is an old thread but this issue clearly describes the issue I'm currently experiencing, specifically with the RS232 device error listed on my log here:

ssh in: Aug 04 17:14:17 osmcAllie hyperiond[283]: Opening UART: /dev/ttyUSB0
    ssh in: Aug 04 17:14:17 osmcAllie hyperiond[283]: Unable to open RS232 device (IO Exception (2): No such file or directory, file /home/sascha/hyperion/dependencies/build/serial/src/impl/unix.cc, line 100.)
    ssh in: Aug 04 17:14:17 osmcAllie hyperiond[283]: Device blocked for 3000 ms
    ssh in: Aug 04 17:14:20 osmcAllie hyperiond[283]: Device unblocked
    ssh in: Aug 04 17:14:20 osmcAllie hyperiond[283]: Opening UART: /dev/ttyUSB0
    ssh in: Aug 04 17:14:20 osmcAllie hyperiond[283]: Unable to open RS232 device (IO Exception (2): No such file or directory, file /home/sascha/hyperion/dependencies/build/serial/src/impl/unix.cc, line 100.)
    ssh in: Aug 04 17:14:20 osmcAllie hyperiond[283]: Device blocked for 3000 ms

@penfold42 or anyone that can help, I followed these instructions noted above

Forget the grabber for now, we need to focus on getting the leds working.
    Use this arduino sketch https://github.com/hyperion-project...assets/firmware/arduino/adalight/adalight.ino

Set the baud rate to 11520 in the sketch.

That was easy, no problem. However I don't understand how to do the next step in osmc...

"Hand edit the Hyperion config on the Pi to check the baud rate and ACM0

Kill any existing hyperiond:
    killall hyperiond
    hyperiond /<path where your config is>/hyperion.conf.json"

I'm struggling and really hoping for help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!