SDR & HDR 1080p/4k capable setup with Hyperion-NG for Media Center

• hyperhdr:8090 isn´t working - no conneciton.
    With the "untouched" hyperion.ng version the connection with ip+8090 works...i can reach the webinterface

@Awawa: it doesn´t work

pi@HyperHDR:~ $ /usr/bin/hyperiond -d
    Illegal instruction
    pi@HyperHDR:~ $

• Frankly I didn't test it with Rpi 2 myself...only 1 and 3,4 in separate packages. Maybe one compiler optimization too far for that plaform.
    Try to write SD image for Rpi 1 as it should be safe option. Next if you interested I can tweak build to make it works for Rpi2.

• Base Raspbian Linux system is common for all Rpi. The only difference in the images are preinstalled HyperHDR version.
    You can also try to remove that packages of HyperHDR manually and install HyperHDR for Rpi1: https://github.com/awawa-dev/H…1.2.0.8A-Linux-armv6l.deb
    ...or write again whole image if you'd like: https://github.com/awawa-dev/H…card-image-rpi1-armv6.zip

• I've noticed that my LEDS sometimes turn off for a second or 2 and then turn on again. Turned on Debug logging and it gave me the following:

Not sure if this is core Hyperion related or HyperHDR but thought I ask here. I do not have CEC or Signal Detection turned on. Is my grabber/usb connection unstable or something else? It there a way to just ignore this and don't turn off the leds?

Edit: I have now set a neutral color as 'Background Effect/Color" which will make sure LEDs are not turned off, but still now idea why the grabber signal is lost for tiny second.

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

9 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Puck ()

• You are not the only person affected by these symptom. Hyperion.ng is also affected. I disabled CEC and all system grabbers in latest build anyway.
    1) eliminate hardware problem checking for errors in dmesg (not the boot stuff but after hyperhdr is started)
    2) it's seems that it lost signal for about 1 second, it's too bad that you cut off that log...

• I didn't cut anything in the logs, this was everything in there from losing signal till getting one again :) I'll check dmesg output, but hard to time it with the logs of Hyperion.

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• Ah I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Here's a bit more after:

I did change some settings after so there's unrelated stuff happening.

• Thanks, thats better :)

Code
    2020-11-04T18:47:14.062Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (DEBUG) (V4L2Grabber.cpp:1027:process_image()) Video FPS: 60.02, av. delay: 7ms, good: 3599, bad: 2 (60.00,15)
    2020-11-04T18:47:18.056Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage()) Priority 200 is now inactive
    2020-11-04T18:47:19.122Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage()) Priority 200 is now active
    2020-11-04T18:48:14.063Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (DEBUG) (V4L2Grabber.cpp:1027:process_image()) Video FPS: 57.93, av. delay: 7ms, good: 3476, bad: 0 (60.00,15)

OK, there was drop for about 120 frames, if they were arrange in sequence it's about 2 seconds.
    If there is no errors in dmesg (voltage dropping, usb device connecting/disconnecting) then it's only guessing because Hyperion didnt receive any errors from v4l2 driver or even corrupted MJPEG frames.
    Maybe it's something with Rpi USB or video buffer in the kernel.
    Try to reduce the framerate to see if something would change.

• I just checked logs using "dmesg -T" for today and nothing mentioning the USB Grabber at all (nor any errors/warnings whatsover). I'll try lowering the framerate and see if it happens again. Thanks for the advice!

• I hope it will help. Maybe there is other program on linux to record camera/grabber and test FPS for that situation and exclude/confirm that's a hardware or linux case?
    BTW I dont know what's your display but for capturing 640x480 is not optimal for TV and ambilight. 1280x720 has much better aspect both for 1080p and 4k TV.

• I set it to the lowest resolution in correct aspect ratio: 640x360 (so it's not set to 640x480) since I figured a higher resolution wouldn't really give me be better results due to amount of LEDs being (way) less.

• I see no artefacts whatsoever in the preview, and don't notice anything weird on LEDs either so far. Not sure what to look out for though. Unfortunately this grabber doesn't support YUYV. I'll see if raising it causes any performances issues. Seems my Pi 4 can handle it all pretty well performance wise anyway.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!