30 vs 60 leds/m for TV Ambient light on a 50" tv

• Ok, my tv is a bit curved on the outer edge, so where I'm planning to tape them down is probably 2-4 in away from the way, so maybe 30 could be enough?

If we're not talking about luminance, does the density impact your ability to match up the colors? As in the edge of the screen may be showing multiple colors that changes quickly, would higher density help you match the colors more closely in that case?

• My TV is mounted at a additional wooden wall, distance approx. 10cm or 4" with SK6812-RGBW 30 LEDs/m on triangular wooden bars with an angle of 45 degrees outside. The luminance is sufficient for me, but it's individual feeling.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Great thanks everyone. It sounds like 30 LEDs/m is sufficient for the application, so I wouldn't over kill it. With 60 LEDs/m I also need to get a much beefier power supplier or work with multiple supplies and figure out how I'm going to link up all the grounds.

• I know users who have 144 LEDs / m with a 60 Amp power supply. THAT's OVERKILL... :D

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Ok, my tv is a bit curved on the outer edge, so where I'm planning to tape them down is probably 2-4 in away from the way, so maybe 30 could be enough?

if you want a nice ambilight effect and distance from tv to wall is not to big then 30l/mtr should do it.

if you want to illuminate the whole room/wall and/or distance from tv to wall is much bigger then 60l/mtr or even 144l/mtr is the way to go.

PSU then has to be twice as powerfull or quadruple

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!