hyperion not capturing video with raspberry pi zero

• hey guys everything is great so far not sure if you guys would know is there a like timer thing to turn these leds off e.g. 12am to 8am something?

because i got google tv just today and unlike chromecast it doesnt turn off by itself when tv is off and it meant to be staying on standby and makes the leds to stay on as well etc.

• i used something way diffrent.

sometimes people choose to run the PI 24hr ( because of USB port of tv)

most USB ports you can set to power off on TV off, others not.

i have a sollution for that, i made my own switchbox with 8 channel relais.

1 relais output is for the switching off PI command, so PIN input ( GND switched) activates sleep mode on PI.

next time i use it i press that again ( pulse) and PI booting up.

Power on / off button for Pi - Raspberry Pi Forums

you can do that by make a press switch 2 wires and put them somewhere behind the TV, then when you switch the PI goes into hybernation and shuts off Hyperion.NG, switch again and Hyperion.NG comes back to life.

with most builds Hyperion.NG is autostart from boot-up, if its not then i have a script you can use and insert to make it autostart.

your configuration probably leaves the PI in active mode the whole time and PI doesn't sleep, thus ledstrip is also staying busy right? .

in my case i made everything with relais switch ( 433Mhz) so i can switch on/off PI1 and PI2..

PI1 is for Hyperion.NG

PI2 is for Retropie

a switch is for ledstrip power and then i have 5 switches left which are for different purposes.

There's one way to do it with settings if you want to try something else>> play with values of signal detection.

option ON the signal detection at USB capturing and alternate the standard setting of 0,25 and 0,75.

most users here use setting 0,8 and 0,98 instead ( or diffrent)

goodluck!

• thanks mate i took the lazy way and bought timer power socket to turn it off after midnight till 7am lol wish hyperion had timer tbh i dont use it during the day as it is not clear.

• Offizieller Beitrag

looks a little bit to slow...try to decrease the capture size

• Hi guys not sure if you guys would know this, but i FTP'd to google TV and trying to find system picture i looked each folders one by one cannot find it, do you guys would know where linux keeps these pics ? there is standby picture when google tv not in used would dispaly its colorful standby tv pic i wanna remove it or replace it with black background picture so it turns of my leds when not used.

y

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!