Yeelight lightstrip plus not working with Hyperion NG installed on Home assistant

• Hello everybody. I have installed Hyperion NG on Home assistant (version: 2.0.0-alpha.10). I can't get the yeelight leds to work(model: yeelight lightstrip plus). The automatic configuration of the lights with the yeelight wizard does not work:

With manual configuration, hyperion recognizes the lights:

If I click on the "Identify" button, the LEDs light up

The problem is that it doesn't make me modify the "Hardware LED count" (They remain set to 1 and cannot be changed)

Consequently it does not make me modify the "Led Layout" giving me this error:

This is the log:

Log.txt

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is that it doesn't make me modify the "Hardware LED count" (They remain set to 1 and cannot be changed)

luxbarba The yeelight strip can only do one color for all physical LEDs on the strip at once.

Therefore from a hyperion perspective, it is treated as one LED.
    You can choose which area of the screen is mapped to the LED and then the strip lights up accordingly (with the same color).
    if you would like to have different colors per LED on a strip, you need to choose a different product.

Edit: The wizard should have already pre-configured the layout as per your selection in the wizard.
    I suggest you run the wizard again.

• First of all thanks for your answer. I did as you said. I'm trying to use the leds via the "Android Hyperion Grabber" android tv app and it doesn't work. I am not using any usb capture device. Is there any incompatibility with yeelight strip? I used local videos as a test since I read that videos on Yotube and netflix don't work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

luxbarba To see, if your Yeelights work, I suggest you first run a simple color effect or another effect via the Remote Control.

If that works then you look at the grabber piece.

If it does not work, check the LED Device.
    The Yeelights are a bit "touchy", i.e. not easy to go along with....

• To see, if your Yeelights work, I suggest you first run a simple color effect or another effect via the Remote Control

I didn't understand how run a simple color effect or another effect. Could you explain to me in detail what I have to do?

• I did as you told me but the led does not turn on. In addition I did not understand one thing: The ip address 192.168.1.4 you see in the image is the ip address of my pc that has nothing to do with it .... The ip address of the led is 192.168.1.109 mind that Hyperion is 192.168.1.142.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you look at the LED Device switch on the right of your screenshot, it is off. This indicates the LED Device ran into an error.

Check the log for the Error and have it resolved.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    2021-08-17T18:41:32.884Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) write Error [192.168.1.109]: _tcpMusicModeServer: (5) Network operation timed out
    2021-08-17T18:41:32.885Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Yeelight device '192.168.1.109' signals error: 'Failed to get stream socket'

I suggest you restart the Yeelight strip and then switch the LED Device on again in the Hyperion UI.

You can use the switch in the Remote Control or Dashboard.

If the switch stays on, you can test the color effect. If not, check the log again.

• I reset the led, restarted hyperion and launched the test but it doesn't work. The strange thing is that as I said in the first post, if I click on the "Identify" button, the LEDs light up. Here is the log:

Log 2.txt

For completeness I want to specify that the LED is placed on three sides of the TV (above, right and left) and I have selected the "whole picture" option in the guided configuration.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now your "LED Output" is on in the first picture.
    Does the Color effect work now?

The strange thing is that as I said in the first post, if I click on the "Identify" button, the LEDs light up

The Identify is only to help you in verifying that you configure the right device (in a multi Yeelight device scenario).
    It triggers a simple build in effect.

For Hyperion the device is later switched to a complex streaming mode which cannot be compared with the identify scenario.
    Does your Yeelight have a good WiFi connection?
    Your log shows that there are network problems reaching the strip.

In addition, your strip reports itself as a Color4 Bulb and not as a Strip... Are you running the latest firmware?

Edit: In addition, can you run the wizard again and share the log-output afterwards, please?

Edit2: Did you enable LAN Control?

https://www.yeelight.com/faqs/lan_control

• Does your Yeelight have a good WiFi connection?

I think so. I use the strip with Home assistant, Homekit and Google Home and it never gave me any problems. I am attaching the values of the wifi power:

Are you running the latest firmware?

Yes

Did you enable LAN Control?

Yes

In addition, can you run the wizard again and share the log-output afterwards, please?

Log.txt

On the net I read something about "Hyperion Yeelight Bridge". Do you need to make the device work better?

I wouldn't want the problem to be the Hyperion version on Home Assistant

• Offizieller Beitrag

On the net I read something about "Hyperion Yeelight Bridge". Do you need to make the device work better?

Yeelight Bridge was a workaround before native Yeelight support in Hyperion was available.

If I look at your current log, the device should work.
    Can you run an effect successfully?

In addition, if I remember correctly, using Output Type= RGB was performing better than HSV...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe before always saying it is not working, you could check your log yourself....
    There is a clear ERROR for Yeelight and then it of course does not work.

Seems your device does not work with RGB...

• I also tried to install Hyperion on windows but the led doesn't work the same. I give up. I thank you all the same. Next time I come to Germany I have to offer you a beer ....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!