Sudden LED flickering in a perfectly working setup

• hey guys need some help with LED flickering on a setup that had worked without issues so far. There were no software or hardware changes done recently, so am stumped by the sudden crazy flickering issue.

I have Hyperion NG 2.0.12 running on Pi4/Librelec 9.2 driving an apa102 strip of 94 LEDs. The LEDs are powered by a 12V/10A PSU and the Pi with a 3V/5A PSU. I remember reading somewhere with regards to grounding that could cause flicker but I can't remember what it was exactly. Also given that I am using different PSU for Pi and the strip didn't really wanna mess with grounding without a proper knowledge of what I am doing. Also the fact that it just started flickering only for the past 2 weeks is making this more confusing.

Any help to get rid of the flicker would be appreciated. The flickers are usually brighter than the ambilight and are of random colors, so it is really spoiling the whole ambilight experience.

• You need a common ground.

APA102 12V ?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• 3 lines from the RPI to the Stripe.

Data, Clock and GND.

2 lines from 5V/10A PSU to stripe +5V and GND

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I do have mine setup that way. A complete power cycle of the Pi seem to have done the trick. So far I was just doing a restart from kodi rather than at the mains. Anyway all good now, Thanks for the help

• to interact/respond on this problem,

i would always recommend > Linux/Android/ even apple/ Windows software to reboot the device its running on at least one in a few days.

My setup has not even power switched on when Ambilight is not in use, i do that with a relais that switch on the main power.

To switch the PI on i press another button, to put it in Hybernate BEFORE i switch off main power i used GPIO3 also on a button..

in config.txt you add

dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown

when GPIO3 ( default) linked to GND then it goes into hybernation, it insures a logging off instead of bluntly disconnect power.

( which will eventually corrupt the SD card)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!