Responsive lighting stops and goes to background effect/color after 20s

• I'm using a USB capture device via hdmi (from roku) that I've used successfully for a while (and even have a second to test with). I had the setup working fine with 2.0.0.8 and silly me, thought I'd upgrade. Now I can't get either to work properly again. I have ws2815 lights (12v) and I set hyperion v2.0.0.12 up to use root:

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root

My issue is that the lights startup fine (with startup effect) and they work fine with incoming content...for a few seconds...and then they go immediately to the background effect/color. The error that gets thrown when it switches away from the usb capture (and background color is shown) is:

(BGEffectHandler.h:91:handlePriorityUpdate()) Stop background (color-) effect as it moved out of scope

And signal detection has been turned on and the V/Hmin / max have been set to 0.90 and 0.98, respectively.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
    • Offizieller Beitrag

What you pasted is not an error message, but just the information that the background effect has been stopped, as another input was detected (I assume the capture feed).

Suggest you have a look for „real“ errors of your capture device.

It might be helpful for the community the see the full log.

• Hilfreichste Antwort

I think I fixed it!! It's been working for the last 20 minutes without stopping. Amazing. Three things I did:

1. moved the HDMI splitter / capture box to a USB 2 port on my Pi 4B (revision 1.2)

2. updated to the nightly build

3. changed signal detection vMin and hMin to 0.02; and vMax and hMax to 0.98 (this makes most of the screen part of the signal detection).

...and it's still running. :) Finally got this working [again] after so many hours over so many months.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Steven () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Steven into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!