I noticed something "strange"

• Hi all,

yesterday i was fiddeling around litte bit with my hyperion setup (Pi4, Libreelec, WS2812b, PWM)

and have noticed something "strange".

When turning on a static color via the web interface remote control,

sometimes data is send continuously and sometime data is send only once to the leds.

For example, they are only send once at full single colors like (255,0,0), (0,255,0) and (0,0,255).

At (214,44,85) they are send continuously.

I know this does not really matter because the leds remain in theire last state but just for technical interest:

is this an intendet behavior or whats the reason for this? :/

Thanks for explanation!

Best regards Marxon

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. One Color change should only result in one update, if Smoothing is off. (Version 2.0.13)

2. If you use the colorpicker, I suppose more events are generated…

3. I would be interested in where you monitored the updates and how you did the test?

• Hi Lord-Grey!

1. That was also my assumption. Smoothing was of course turned off.

2. Ok but it's not just more events, it's an infinite number of events. ^^

3. I hooked up an osci and an logic analyzer and measured on the leds data input.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Rewrite/Refresh Time can be configured for the LED device (I guess you see it with Expert level).

It it the time when a LED device does an update itself when no new updates are coming as some devices cannot maintain a stable state themselves over time.

There are different influencing factors which result in LED updates.

Therefore all my questions.

Nevertheless, let me have a look and add a debug statement to test how many color events end up at the LED device.

Edit:

Wenn Du diese Zeile auskommentierst und durch

printLedValues(ledValues);

ersetzt, siehst im stdout Du welche Updates beim Device an kommen.

• I am glad that to

Rewrite/Refresh Time can be configured for the LED device (I guess you see it with Expert level).

It it the time when a LED device does an update itself when no new updates are coming as some devices cannot maintain a stable state themselves over time.

That’s true. Was confused by the term „rewrite“ time

Nevertheless, let me have a look and add a debug statement to test how many color events end up at the LED device.

OK statements will follow…

I will also take a look into source code.

Guess not but maybe i figure out something. ^^

Little bit off topic:

Es freut mich gerade zu sehen, dass ich zwar nichts wirklich richtig kann und verstehe

aber dennoch kein absoluter noob bin. :)

Fast alles davon habe ich durch so großartige Projekte wie Hyperion und

Leuten wir dir gelernt.

Vielen Dank für all die Mühe, die Zeit und das Herzblut das ihr da reinsteckt!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!