LEDs flickering in random colors

• Hey everybody,

i am a little frustrated. My LEDs are changing their colors randomly and rapidly, even though i am sending a solid color by:

Code
    hyperion-remote -c blue

If i run f.i. that Knight-Rider effect, it is working (goes from one edge to the other and back) but with randomly changing colors.

I have:

- Raspberry PI 3 B

- WS2801 LEDs

- Power supply

- Grabber:

- Converter:

I have attached the Hyperion-Config-file i am using (https://pastebin.com/m9B7Kq54). But i am a newbie and not at all an expert for the configurations. So i am not sure if interference signals or configurations are the issue.

Can someone help me or guide through troubleshooting?

Thank you in advance

Config-file:

• Does the RPI and the LED have a common ground.

The Hyperion Debug log says more than your configuration.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hey pclin,

thank you for your fast reply.

• Use the Copy Log to Clipboard function and upload as a file attachment.

There is a problem with the grabber.

You also use an analog grabber and converter. Digital grabbers starting at €10 are better and you no longer need the converter.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Zitat

Does the RPI and the LED have a common ground.

Yes

Zitat

Can it be fixed?

If i send a solid color and plugged out the grabber, it should work (to show a solid color), shouldnt it?

Zitat

Does the RPI and the LED have a common ground.

Yes, but i should double check all connections. Do you have an 100% correct image/photo with the PI3 Model B pins (how it should be connected) ? ....................................... Don't know if the informations in the web are 100% correct

Zitat

So i have several questions:

- To make all LEDs red (solid one color), i think the grabber does not matter (even if there is a grabber-problem too). If i turn off the USB input in the web-configuration or plugg out the grabber and set a color, its still flickering randomly. So what is the real problem here most probably?

- What is the problem with the grabber ?

- What make the digital one "better"? Will the results be the same (if its working)?

- Is it still possible to make it work with the current setup?

In the attached image you see how i have connected to the raspberry (Blue=DI, Green=CI, Black=Ground).

I have double checked the connections and removed everything else (grabber, keyboard and so on) and disabled USB input in HyperionConfig completely. So its just the raspberry and the led's.

Then i start the Knight Rider effect as you can see here:

As you can see, the colors are changing, but they should be red only.

• I think it is a bug, as described here https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/897 (solid colors lead to changing patterns).

Don't know how to apply the solution though......can someone help?

I solved the flickering issue. I didnt connect the ground from the raspberry to the stripe properly. I thought it can be connected anywhere at Ground-cables, but it had to be connected to data input of the first stripe. Now its perfectly working.

Now only the issue with the grabber is left. So i need to know what the problem is, if its solvable or if i need to buy a digital wrapper?!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Addy_42 () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von Addy_42 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Sorry guys,

i was chatting with pclin and mistaked the windows and typed it in here in german.

I plugged in this digial grabber: https://www.berrybase.de/usb-hdmi-video-grabber-1080p and it ddnt work by plug n play unfortunately, i played with the configs but no luck.

After i cleaned the setup behind the tv this morning, i turned it all on and cleared the hyperion cache by ssh, it started working. I am super happy and enjoying the ambilight. I will post my config later, some of the latest settings made it work. Don't know which one currently......

Thank you so much :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!